Average battery charging time?Support

Last Updated:

1. hawksking

hawksking New Member This Topic's Starter

I think I been having some problems charging my galaxy s3. takes average 45minutes to charge 25% of the battery. So thats 3hours going from 0% to 100%. Is your galaxy s3 charging faster or no?
    Im using the standard 5v, 1amp wall charger w/ micro usb that came with it in the box.

Advertisement
  2. medionpva

medionpva Well-Known Member

I try and use the original charger, and i think it takes a couple of hours. I will time it next time.

I have a spare charger for at work (cheapy from ebay), and it charges faster, but the battery doesn't last as long.

3. NativeTxn

NativeTxn Well-Known Member

Mine has taken roughly 3 hours to go from 0%/1% to 100% on two different occasions with the original charger included with the phone since I got it this past Friday (the only two times I have charged from essentially zero). That was charging it with the phone turned off, for what that is worth.

4. gogators

gogators Active Member

Mine has charged from dead to full in less than an hour

5. jaymf

jaymf Well-Known Member

Wow those are all faster than what I've been seeing, last I watched, I went from 5% to 100% in a little over 4 hours, with the phone on but not doing anything on it.

6. scooter1942

scooter1942 Well-Known Member

ive been able to go from ~20% to ~90% in well under two hours with moderate gaming

7. Ballymoss

Ballymoss Well-Known Member

There's a free App called "Charger Timer" and I have used it to charge the GS3 from the Mains (1st shot) and USB 3.0 In both cases I had CT set to time from 20% to 90%.Note that, presumably because I was using the Samsung Charger/USB cable, the difference is minimal at roughly 85 minutes

Attached Files:

8. sean76

sean76 Well-Known Member

At first it took me roughly 3 1/2 hours to go from say 5%-100%... Now 2 weeks later it only takes a little over an hour to get fully charged up.