Avoiding 4G outage?General

Last Updated: 2012-02-26 17:22:15
  1. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

Is it possible to root the Rezound, and tweak it somehow so that 3G works during a 4G outage? I read somewhere on here that if "4G authentification" is down, a 4G phone WILL NOT BE ABLE TO connect to 3G either, even if you change it in the settings, and I confirmed this during that outage a couple days ago.

Is is possible to root and somehow change something to fool the network into thinking it's a 3G phone so you can ride the outage on 3G until it's over?

I know this seems silly and not necessary, but I figured it's worth asking.

Advertisement
  2. pwned

pwned Well-Known Member

I'm at work now but when I get home I'll post a way. It will let you at least get 3g when there's an outage. Only drawback is it will be extremely slow switching from 3g to 4g. Give me a few hours and I'll write it up
  3. pwned

pwned Well-Known Member

Ok here you go.
    Dial ##778#
    Edit mode the password is 000000
    Modem settings
    Rev A
    Enable
    Press menu commit
    Reboot
  4. gloriousnumber1

gloriousnumber1 Well-Known Member

Thanks!
  5. pwned

pwned Well-Known Member

No problem. Hope this helps
  6. Cotton123

Cotton123 Well-Known Member

I have heard this before but havent tried it with my phone yet as I dont get as many outages or notice since I dont use the phone as much as i used too. Is it reversible and how big of an impact does it make? also does it affect the warranty at all?
  7. mlg2919

mlg2919 Well-Known Member

Is this something everyone should do to improve 3g/4g handoff? I live in a 3g area, but travel to a big 4g area then back, would this help?
    pwned likes this.
  8. pwned

pwned Well-Known Member

This makes the switch between 3g and 4g slower than normal. I only do it when there is a an outage. To reverse you just change it back. You'll see what I mean. When you dial it brings up a menu that you use to make the changes