• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Awesome Live Wallpaper

If you have Photoshop it is fairly easy to do. Photoshop allows you to add guides to the image which makes cropping a breeze. Just divide the image into 7 segments (using a new guide for each), then crop. Name each of the images numerically (i.e. sunset1, sunset2...etc), and save them on your phone. Once you have all 7 images, go the MultiPicture Live Wallpaper, select settings, and then Screen Type. It will prompt you for each of the 7 pics. Then hit return twice, set wallpaper and you are good to go.

Upvote 0
If you have Photoshop it is fairly easy to do. Photoshop allows you to add guides to the image which makes cropping a breeze. Just divide the image into 7 segments (using a new guide for each), then crop. Name each of the images numerically (i.e. sunset1, sunset2...etc), and save them on your phone. Once you have all 7 images, go the MultiPicture Live Wallpaper, select settings, and then Screen Type. It will prompt you for each of the 7 pics. Then hit return twice, set wallpaper and you are good to go.

Thanks, I had no problem using the pictures that Stupifier posted in MultiPicture Live wallpaper, it's pretty self-explanatory. I just wasn't sure of the cropping procedure. I don't have PS on this computer. but I have other picture editing programs that I can try with.

Thanks again! :)

Upvote 0
Has anyone used this for a few days and noticed any bugs? I'm not sure if it is related to this App...but I think it might be. It seems that on some random occasions when I unlock my phone, my screen will be on screen 6 or 7....when I never even use/access those screens. It just...sort of puts me there.

Anyone else notice similar behavior? Pushing your phone to some random homescreen when you were never there in the 1st place? I don't wanna knock the app till I can get some confirmation from other users who have used it for a few days now. Please comment

Upvote 0
Has anyone used this for a few days and noticed any bugs? I'm not sure if it is related to this App...but I think it might be. It seems that on some random occasions when I unlock my phone, my screen will be on screen 6 or 7....when I never even use/access those screens. It just...sort of puts me there.

Anyone else notice similar behavior? Pushing your phone to some random homescreen when you were never there in the 1st place? I don't wanna knock the app till I can get some confirmation from other users who have used it for a few days now. Please comment

I have not experienced this issue (but I have only been using this app for about 4 days now).

Upvote 0
Wish there was a way that the dev could create a template that would automatically load the sequence of images (instead of having to load each picture separately). For example, have an input box where you could browse to the folder with the images, select the first image in the sequence (i.e. sunset_1.jpg), and the app would load the rest of the images (based on a format like _2, _3, _4, etc.). Would make things a lot easier when trying to load a sequence of images. Would also make switching images a whole lot quicker for those of us who like to switch images every few days.

Upvote 0

It's a new bug in the Sense UI's latest two versions. I've run into it while writing my own live wallpapers... if you hit Home after starting an app from a different screen, Sense doesn't tell the wallpaper that it needs to move back to the Home section.

Other launchers have similar bugs, plus others. For instance, not telling the wallpaper that you've changed the number of homescreens, until you do an orientation change as well (landscape to portrait, etc).

Grrrr.

In reference to using Multipicture Live Wallpaper, does anybody know if it's possible to have a live wallpaper (Such as the terratime globe) for 1 screen, but have static images for the rest?

AFAIK, you can only have one live wallpaper at a time. I suppose you could write a custom launcher that started a new one on each page, but the delay would be nasty :)

Upvote 0
It's a new bug in the Sense UI's latest two versions. I've run into it while writing my own live wallpapers... if you hit Home after starting an app from a different screen, Sense doesn't tell the wallpaper that it needs to move back to the Home section.

Other launchers have similar bugs, plus others. For instance, not telling the wallpaper that you've changed the number of homescreens, until you do an orientation change as well (landscape to portrait, etc).

Grrrr.

AFAIK, you can only have one live wallpaper at a time. I suppose you could write a custom launcher that started a new one on each page, but the delay would be nasty :)
And I assuminig your battery life would be horendous

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones