• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

BrianJB

Android Enthusiast
Jun 19, 2010
Has anyone else had any issues with their 4g signal since switching to the note 2?, I came from the HTC rezound and my 4g signal was always optimal, I would average d/l speeds around 10mbs. But since switching the the note 2 in areas where I would normally get great 4g speeds I get maybe .60 mbs down.

I called VZW and they have no tower issues on their end, could I have a faulty sim card or maybe a faulty phone?

I could understand losing a little bit of a signal but I live in a great 4g coverage area and I don't understand going from 10mbs down with the rezound to not being able to break 1mbs with the note 2.

No telling what kind of network load was going on when you tested either of those phones before. I can tell you that my Note 2 performs almost exactly the same as my wife's Rezound on all of the 4G tests I've done on them. I've had absolutely no issues with reception or speed on my Note 2, which is almost the complete opposite from the Galaxy Nexus that I had before it; it was awful for 4G reception.

Reactions: BrianJB
Upvote 0
No telling what kind of network load was going on when you tested either of those phones before. I can tell you that my Note 2 performs almost exactly the same as my wife's Rezound on all of the 4G tests I've done on them. I've had absolutely no issues with reception or speed on my Note 2, which is almost the complete opposite from the Galaxy Nexus that I had before it; it was awful for 4G reception.

I think I may either have a bad sim card, or a bad handset.

I still have 13 days in my return window, but I will try a new sim tomorrow...I can get around 4mb's down now, but when I upload it times out.

Doesn't make sense.

EDIT-

As I was sitting here, as a test I was streaming hbo go. It ran fine for about 10 minutes then the video completely stopped, it didn't even go to the black screen with the "this is an audio stream only". I then tried to do a speed test and it said "network error".

Has to be something with either the sim or the hardware itself.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones