• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back on the scene

SavageRobot

Android Expert
Jan 23, 2012
Wales
Hey guys, used to use this and xda a lot back in my modding days and took a back seat for a few years just leaving standard phones as BL were getting harder/less possible to unlock, bank apps etc wouldn't work etc and started just sticking with company phones and ended up fading from the forums. But getting new one now and looking to mod/help & advise where I can. Is XDA still the only real place to go for firmware etc? I see that my new phone doesn't have it's own forum here or over there but should be highly customisable so is it done more through Telegram or something now?
Help and advice appreciated from a born again newb

Reactions: ocnbrze
Hey there again Unforgiven, good to see the ol' faces still here. Got F4 coming with Poco Watch too (was a steal with about 3 discounts applied too). Sure about the time I stopped so much watches were looking like getting mods too. Not sure if it took off or even how good this watch will be.
But surely Poco F4 would have quite a few following. I can see on XDA people are crying out for a forum for it but doesn't seem to be happening.
I know a lot of stuff happens on Telegram and there are lots of channels etc but I'm OOTL on how to work that properly. Will be good to scout through these places again though :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Enjoy SR and welcome back to Android Forums! My modding days are way in the past, as every reason I had to root & ROM is now part of the stock OS. Rooting, as you said, blocks many financial apps... so it would be a downgrade for me to do so. I hope you enjoy playing with it again!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones