• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Back to stock <---Newbie here

Ivantrax

Lurker
Aug 12, 2010
I want to get Froyo 2.2 on my moto Droid but I'm getting an error. I think it's because I don't have a stock ROM. ???

My phone: 2.1 update 1

Base band C_01.3E.03P

Kernel 2.6.2.9 Low voltage chevy

Build num. ESE81

Rooted using Easyroot.

I have Astro, Busybox, Rom Manager, Titanium Backup.

I already downloaded Froyo 2.2 and tried to install but I get an error when its installing. How do I get back to stock? Do I need to unroot?

I already tried ROM manager > Download ROM > Stock Images > VZN 2.0.1 Stock but that also didn't work.

I just got the Droid last week - I switched from a iPhone :D I'm used to Jailbreak/Unlock on an iPhone so these ROMs, Flashes roots and everthing else are new to me. HELP!

If it didn't install then you shouldn't have to go anywhere, even without root if the update fails, the phone still should have 2.1update1 on it

I haven't installed the update myself just yet (still hearing horror stories about some of it all and scared of doing a factory wipe)

But you should be able to reflash your ROM as an unrooted version of 2.0.1 using RSDLite and that will take you back to somewhat stock.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones