Back up and restoreSupport

Last Updated:

1. whiteboy

whiteboy Member This Topic's Starter

Great stuff. Updated up to 2.1 and backed up all my contacts beforehand and only to lose 90% of them when running 2.1!!!!!

This phone has a been a fecking nightmare from day one!!!!! Sony Ericsson hang your heads in shame!!!!

Advertisement
  2. Stuu

Stuu Well-Known Member

Same happend to me. I backed up all my contacts using the SE app. I updated to 2.1 and my contacts failed to restore! So i had to get all my numbers again of everyone!!

Its a bit of a joke - Back up & restore, Back up works, But restore doesnt!

3. Smoked

Smoked Well-Known Member

That sucks. I always export mine to my SIM as an extra precaution. I'd recommend doing that...right from the phonebook, menu options, export. You can put them on the SIM or SD.

4. JDwan

JDwan Well-Known Member

Yeah, this is what I do too (to the SD though). The main reason is that any time I tried to back up my contacts with Backup & Restore, the backup would fail to finish. Importing from the SD is really easy and all my contacts were there.

5. rogem_kk

rogem_kk Well-Known Member

SE released a new backup and restore app (in advance of the OS update) last month. It actually backs up your data and apps AND IT WORKS. Too bad they never told anyone.

6. aderuk

aderuk Active Member

Just done mine using newist back up from sony and has failed big time to back up my numbers

7. D3sRtH4mmR

D3sRtH4mmR Well-Known Member

Just backup your contacts from within your phonebook and import them from there. I went through hell trying to retrieve my contacts through backup and restore only to discover that I could import them from within the contacts menu. Problem solved.
    Sony Ericsson did a very poor job in several aspects of this update; release date, contacts issue, bluetooth, plus a few others that are still causing people headaches.