• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Back Up Obsession

InfernalByte

Android Expert
Oct 8, 2010
Puerto Pollo
While I'm in the mood, and I haveney slept in 23 hours now. Does everyone around here have an obsession with back ups? Or is it me? I know backing up is will save your data, maybe even your bacon, but sometimes backing up also saves problems, and by that I mean issues. I remember one friend using Windows who had a virus on a PC, and he just couldn't understand that a back up, much like Nandroid would also

I have scheduled Titanium backups nightly. Although my contacts are google, they do not sync (contact picture issues).

I backup SMS and call logs with Mybackup before reflash. I backup my ROM when its all configured and pretty much leave the backup until I want to flash something again.

I can always restore an old Nandroid of the same rom and update it with the Ti and My backups.

Upvote 0
I have scheduled Titanium backups nightly. Although my contacts are google, they do not sync (contact picture issues).

I backup SMS and call logs with Mybackup before reflash. I backup my ROM when its all configured and pretty much leave the backup until I want to flash something again.

I can always restore an old Nandroid of the same rom and update it with the Ti and My backups.
Same with me.

Great minds think alike!!

;)

Upvote 0
Titanium (apps) and MyBackup (sms/call log etc) both scheduled nightly. Better safe than sorry

I'll be honest, I used to schedule Mybackup nightly too but I've been too lazy to set it up again asfter a wipe :)

Wavesecure backs up to the cloud, but have you every restored that? It restores every SMS ever!!!

Upvote 0
To be honest I'm not that precious about the texts and call log etc. Its handy to have them back but no more and I don't flash that often and wipe even less. Contacts and calendar are the important ones but Google sorts them out.

I'm only really using MyBackup as I've paid for it (first app I paid for) long before I rooted and got Titanium.

Upvote 0
POP email, Exchange email, contacts, calander etc are all stored remotely. I take a nandroid before I flash anything, even small mods or updates, and I taks a Titanium batch backup of user data and settings about once a week. Other data such as folders containing wallpaper, music, icons etc are backed up on my PC.

I'm quite happy that I can easily recover for any situation!

Upvote 0
While I'm in the mood, and I haveney slept in 23 hours now. Does everyone around here have an obsession with back ups? Or is it me? I know backing up is will save your data, maybe even your bacon, but sometimes backing up also saves problems, and by that I mean issues. I remember one friend using Windows who had a virus on a PC, and he just couldn't understand that a back up, much like Nandroid would also

I think he failed to run a back up and this contributed to him now finishing this post.

Either that, or he felt the need to do a back up immediately.

What do you lot reckon?! :D

Upvote 0
I'm getting Cyanogen errors here when I try and flash nightlies?

Right. First post. Basically there was an accident on the M4 when and there was a yellow car on its roof, or at least the car on the sign was yellow. The moon was also present. Dangling up in the heavenly bode, which I have now decided I like, the moon is now my friend.

People do back ups sometimes and don't realize that they could be saving problems and viruses along with them, which is how they re-appear, like spiders.

Spiders re-appear.

Upvote 0
I tend to nandroid once a ROM seems set up OK, then before flashing. Keep a couple on SD, slightly more on computer (including samples of earlier ROMs). Titanium every now and then, ditto mybackup, try to remember both before a ROM flash.

Spiders re-appear.
Think of them as natural debuggers. :D

Upvote 0
Its like this, a guy comes to the door. I told him; "You want the money? Come in and find it because I don't know where it is!" He invites his friends in, and they pour my Cornflakes over the kitchen floor and now the cat is unhappy. There's a guy in a hat standing at the end of the driveway scouling at the neighbours, and when they left they told me not to talk to anybody, but I dont generally talk anyway. On account of that day in Rome at the substation, much like the Italian Job only there were no cameras.

Turns out they had only come to follow up on the yellow over turned car on the motorway but as it happens its not to be one of mine. I don't know who's it is.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones