• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backgrouds

Yes i have done a reboot but made no difference??.

When i open my albums i have 3 albums.

Camera shots
All photos
All videos

The backgrounds are nowhere to be seen in any of them??.:thinking:

I have just downloaded Astro from the market and when i open that the pictures are there and i can edit them,set them as wallpaper etc but just cannot view them in my albums????.

Is there any way to just set up 2 albums for pictures and videos as the 'All photos' album just contains all of the camera shots plus the videos so is just doubling up.

Really starting to annoy me now.:mad:

Any thoughts anyone?.:thinking:

Upvote 0
Go to Apps page . You will find an app called Backgrounds. It works differently to normal wallpapers. It's kind of independant. The wallpapers you select through that app will not be saved in the usual place. There is alao a slideshow mode which changes Daily/12hours or hourly but this does not seem to work on my Hero. They do however have a vast range of categories so all I do is add the ones I like to favourites, (in the app), and select them as & when! Hope this helps!

Upvote 0
im not sure where your pictures are but if they are stored in a folder with a period in front e.g. ".photos" as opposed to just "photos", then they will be hidden from the photo album

What ever causes this, at least in my case, isn't anything to do with folder name/structure. The image is stored in the same folder as all my other images.

Upvote 0
I had this problem as well. I was using the 'Backgrounds' app and when I saved them it told me they had been saved to the SD card but I couldn't find them anywhere even once I'd remounted the card. I did a bit of researching and it turns out that they remain invisible in the albums if they have a really long name, which they are assigned when you save them. Just go into your file explorer (I use Astro) and edit them to change the names (I use bg1, bg2, bg3 etc). Reload your SD card and the images should appear in your albums folder.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones