• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backing Up Apps?

I am having a fun time playing around and flashing new ROMS, but its a beating to have to go and re download all the apps each time.

Is there a way to back them up, so when I flash the new rom, the apps are there?

Absolutely, use Titanium Backup from the market. Make a backup of all the apps you want to keep from ro to rom, then restore when you've flashed the new rom. :)

Edit: I walked away for 2 minutes and Rxpert ninja's me!! Thanks homie! :)

Upvote 0
As my Ninja Practicing Cohorts have stated Titanium Backup. You want to download the Free Titanium Backup * Root and then purchase the Professional Licence. Beware that Titanium Backup is much more than a backup program. It has the ability to Freeze/Defrost Apps. It can be scheduled to run different types of backups It can uninstall apps. It can sync to your dropbox account. Its a power house program.

Also beware that you should never restore System Data into another ROM only restore USER DATA.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones