• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

backing up from 1 phone , restoring in another

gsdan

Feb 21, 2011
I bought a galaxy s5 yesterday and need some help restoring my texts and call logs. I downloaded an app called super backup , on both phones. My contacts and pictures transferred ( probably because that was done through my gmail account) , but I can't restore my texts and call logs.I can see the attachments in my gmail folder , and can open the call log attachment , but it says something like this folder doesn't have a style associated with it , the tree dialog is listd below. I can't open the text attachment at all. If I go to storage on my new phone , I can see that something is taking up space on my sd card , but can't access to find out what it is. I have remedial skills with this stuff , so its probably something I am misunderstanding.Thanks

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones