• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backing up multiple configurations with ClockworkMod?

Chaps,

This may be a slightly odd question, but I'll ask it anyway.

I think I understand what ClockworkMod Recovery does. It allows you to save a complete configuration of your 'phone at a given point in time and, no matter what you do, you can then simply re-load that configuration. I have backed my 'phone up with this tool (although have yet to try and recover it), and it seems pretty simple.

BUT, is it possible to make more than one back up, and hence have more than one saved configuration? The reason I ask is that I have rooted my 'phone, put on Oxygen, and configured it pretty much as I like it. I backed it up with ClockworkMod, and have now installed GingerVillain. I have tweaked this a little, and want to save this configuration as well, without losing the Oxygen configuration. And it's quite possible that I will want to try other ROMs as well, and back those configurations up.

Is this possible? (I imagine it would involve moving the ClockworkMod back-up from the SD card to a computer, and putting them back on the SD card at a later date to restore from, but I don't know whether this is possible.)

Oli.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones