• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backlight help pls

Hi all . 8 days ago my TF101 was fine traveled home and 30 mins later it was dead ( i thought) figured update caused it b/c i had postponed so many times. Realized yesterday after hooking hdmi to tv tablet was fine must be backlight although navigation was quite difficult. Played with brightness setting to no avail. then based on internet searches i took it apart and played with power button and volume buttons, (still cant do a cold reset though). This morning i noticed it was very dark but could see something as the day wears on, it is getting better (in darker room of course). I have unplugged and replugged the backlight connection but unsure of what other plugs to check. Also can only see the screen although dark while it is plugged in to charger (discovered this today, did not seem to make a difference yesterday when i couldnt make out anything on the screen) I really dont trust replacing lcd screen myself, plus i dont think it is entirely the backlight lcd that is the problem, especially since the screen brightness seems to depend on the charger being plugged in. Any ideas? 050312 is my update build date. I would just replace it although it is only 6 months old but i dont want to lose my teamlava games i have spent alot of money on and would rather pay 100 to fix than hundreds to replace. I also do not own the dock. TY in advance for any advice or pictures!

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones