• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Backup & Restore App

neil154

Android Enthusiast
Jan 7, 2011
Charlottesville, VA
I have a Droid Bionic and I just rooted it if that makes any difference.

I wouldlike your suggestions on the best app to backup my apps and app data and system apps and data and if possible all my widgets.

I would like a simple way of being able to recover from a crash or factory reset and have the phone as close to the way it was when I did a backup as possible.

Ti Backup comes in handy when you only need to restore certain things. Not all of your restores will be disaster recovery type. Sometimes you might also go to a new device and only want restore specific apps with data.

ROM Manager is a huge single file. It's more suited to full restore if the device totally bricks, or you get a replacement unit and you want the phone exactly as it was.

Upvote 0
Thanks for the follow up. I have installed ROM manager (even though I do not expect to install a custom ROM). I then clicked on "Manage and Restore Backups" after installing another Clockwork app but I then only seem to get a screen with "Manage and Restore Backups" at the top of the screen but nothing else seems to happen, any advise?

Upvote 0
Thanks for the follow up. I have installed ROM manager (even though I do not expect to install a custom ROM). I then clicked on "Manage and Restore Backups" after installing another Clockwork app but I then only seem to get a screen with "Manage and Restore Backups" at the top of the screen but nothing else seems to happen, any advise?

You have to do the "Backup Current ROM" first before you will see anything in the "Manage and Restore Backups" section. Once you do the Backup current ROM you will see your backup in the Manage and Restore Backups.

Upvote 0
I did click on "Backup current ROM" and when I did my Bionic rebooted (don't know if that is what is suppose to happen) and then I clicked on "Manage and Restore Backups" but again I only get the next screen with a title at top and nothing happens,

Hmm.. not sure what is going on then. You could try booting into recovery to go a backup. What recovery are you using?

Upvote 0
I tried "Reboot into Recovery" but my Bionic just reboots and everything looks the same. I saw something which said if it does not boot into recovery (Which I assume it is not) then I could shut down and the start with a certain set of keys pressed but it did not say what key so I would appreciate some help so I can create a nandroid backup.

Upvote 0
Hey there. I don't know if you found an app that works for you, but I thought I could just leave my suggestion. I use MyBackup Pro. You can use the demo version (of course it doesn't give you full access), but after trying it out for about a week I decided to buy it. I think it cost me 5$, but I think it was totally worth it. It gives you some online space but of course, depending on your phone and the amount of content, it's not enough. You also have the option of backing up locally (SD card). What I do is back up about 3 or 4 times a month, and then saving that back up on my computer. You can also buy more space online, but if you're consistent with your local back ups, you won't need it.

This app backs up everything, except app data (user settings, configurations, etc, etc).

Data:
Contacts
Call Log