• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Backup Stock Phone

The file managers called "Astro" and "ES File Explorer" which are both available from the market have the option to backup apps. Of course, all they backup is the APK file to reinstall it with and none of the data. Both are are free. I am not aware of any apps that will also backup data on a non-rooted phone. That being said, if you root using unrevoked3 you will initially have a rooted stock phone at which point you can use Titanium Backup to backup both apps and data.

Upvote 0
The file managers called "Astro" and "ES File Explorer" which are both available from the market have the option to backup apps. Of course, all they backup is the APK file to reinstall it with and none of the data. Both are are free. I am not aware of any apps that will also backup data on a non-rooted phone. That being said, if you root using unrevoked3 you will initially have a rooted stock phone at which point you can use Titanium Backup to backup both apps and data.

So if I root with stock ROM it won't erase any of my app data?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones