• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad call quality

diehard760

Jun 11, 2011
I finally decided on the incredible and and picked one up for a good price, in mint condition. When I first got it I immediately noticed the call quality compared to my blackberry, was horrible. Voice sounds muffled and almost slightly static at times. The sound slightly fades in as they talk and fades out as they stop talking.

I decided to root and mod it. I have Cyanogen 7 and thought it might do something, but no dice. Sounds the same.

I really like this phone. It's quick, perfect size and does everything I want for now, but the call quality is bothering me.

Is this an android thing, or Inc specifically? I noticed a lot of threads about this, but not too many from this site.

Does anyone else experience this and are there any fixes that actually work?

Thank you in advance.

there never has been too many reports of bad call quality, the majority of people report good to excellent call quality. you might have a hardware defect with your phone. you could always try updating your prl (*228 option 2).

in my experience the call quality is much better than what I get on my blackberry.

Upvote 0
there never has been too many reports of bad call quality, the majority of people report good to excellent call quality. you might have a hardware defect with your phone. you could always try updating your prl (*228 option 2).

in my experience the call quality is much better than what I get on my blackberry.

Maybe not on these forums, but just doing a search on this phones call quality compared to others, there is a LARGE quantity of complaints. I did the prl update, but no change. It is possible it is a defect with the phone.

Thank you for the prl info.

Upvote 0
Maybe not on these forums, but just doing a search on this phones call quality compared to others, there is a LARGE quantity of complaints. I did the prl update, but no change. It is possible it is a defect with the phone.

Thank you for the prl info.

Also have to remember that people are more likely to complain/look for help, than to brag on a forum.

But I wonder if call quality complaints are regional for each phone (independent of signal strength), for example, I have poor signal at my house (between -95 db and -100 db) but have excellent call quality on the incredible. Yet on my blackberry, call quality is just "okay". But if I go to another location with the same signal strength, my incredible call quality will still be excellent and so will my blackberry.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones