• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Bad SD Card?? UPDATE

odatkid

Jan 23, 2011
Florida
Hi All,
I upgraded from the LG Spirit to Galaxy S5 Recently due to the Metro PCS merger with T-Mobile. Everything was working fine and I was able to root my phone which is why I'm posting here. (Although I don't think my problem has anything to do with rooting).
All of the sudden my external (Class 10 16GB) SD card is not being seen by the phone at all and all the apps that I installed and allowed to be moved to external SD Card no longer work.
Is that how these cards go bad, with no warning? I've ordered a new card reader for my PC and will be able to check it there in a day or two. Coincidentally, I just purchased and am waiting to receive a 64GB Class 10 SD card.
This is a new phone...could it be a bigger problem than the card? It worked fine for about a month, I store my music there and had no problem using "Power Amp" until now that I can no longer see the card.

Any Thoughts?

Thanks.........Tom

UPDATE: It appears it was a bad card. I reinstalled the previous card with most of the same data on it and everything is OK.

Last edited:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones