• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Barcode Scanner game?

Hi there. I'm the programmer / author of the game Barcode Beasties. Although I originally started it over a year ago, I didn't have any time up until recently to improve it. However, thankfully, now I do have some time and I am working on it daily.

I'm half way through implementing the multiplayer side of it, which does include stuff like geographically locating nearby other players (in fact, I have integrated a "Layar" part to it as well, so you will be able to hold your phone up and see nearby "beasts" in real time!) and there is going to be all sorts of good stuff like levelling up, XP, trading etc etc etc.

Anyway, I'm always looking for help so if you want to assist then please get in touch. If you want to do your own thing, then good luck as well ! My email is richard@barcodebeasties.com if you want to write direct instead of via the forum.

Regards,

Richard.

That's awesome, I'd gladly help test this come the time, as long as it's after 16th of June, when I'll be getting My Desire.

I saw the adverts for these when I was a kid, but I was never allowed to buy one :(

Upvote 0
Hi! I'm an artist with quite a following on youtube and deviantART (Around 20 000 Subs) I would love to be a part of something like barcode beasties or codemon so if someone here is some kind of programmer then I would love to collaborate to create one of these barcode games! I've been trying to make one myself but I have never coded before ( The most difficult thing I ever made was a dress up game in flash lol) so I could really use some help..
Here's an example of my work :https://klaracrystalpaws.deviantart.com/art/One-with-nature-741243812

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones