• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Basic phone advice

t12b25

Android Enthusiast
Jul 22, 2012
Miami , Fl
Hi everybody, I was hoping someone can help me out here. My dad doesn't really want a smartphone, otherwise I'd get him a concord 2 or an evolve, so my question is if anybody knows whether the Alcatel 768 or the lg 450 is better. And can he still keep his $25 plan?. He has an old lg flip phone on the old metro network they just switched him from $40 to $25. I appreciate any help.
Thank you,
Anthony.

My wife also did not want a smartphone. She opted at first for an LG 440 from Tracfone which was fine but it's a very cheaply made phone and it has it's glitches. Metro's LG 450 looks like an update to the LG 440 although I've not seen it in person. My wife saw the Alcatel 768 and we got her one on the $25 plan and she has been extremely happy with it. Bigger... better build quality... bigger buttons and screen. She's had it now for several months and hopes it lasts a long time. So I guess it depends on how your Dad feels about such things as size. The 768 is a large phone for it's type. But it works well... the screen is nice... call quality is good.

Upvote 0
Hi thank you for the help. I was thinking of trying out the Alcatel 768 for him see how he likes it. I'll probably end up getting it online to give it the 30days just in case. I'm sorry it took a while to reply. Two birthdays back to back this year idk why, but I appreciate the help.
Thank you,
Anthony.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones