• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

batteries having same dimension?

dkonmusic

Lurker
Jan 22, 2014
Right now S3 is still my basic phone and wouldn't hold a charge half years ago. Bought a new stock battery but now is begin losing capacity again. Ordered another new battery which says 3200mah and will arrive soon. Wandering if these "extended" batteries having same dimension really work?

Received this several days before. Thought battery life increased a bit (or maybe placebo effect?)Anyway, a good spare.

Attachments

• DSC_0303AAAA.jpg
    DSC_0303AAAA.jpg
    20.3 KB · Views: 36
Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Seems to last longer than stock one---takes a bit longer to charge as well, but I have the stock one to fall back on if necessary. That's why I bought a phone where you could change battery-- there WILL be a time when you get caught out.
Up yours HTC One and all Iphones ( and worryingly more manufacturers).
There is no valid reason to make a phone/tablet/phablet where the battery can't be removed/ replaced. Not in my way of thinking anyway. Just greed in that they have you shagged over a barrel---we will repair it, or else. For zillions of drinking vouchers. Yeah. Right.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones