• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Best Practices

TMack

Aug 2, 2010
Kansas City
Quick newb question. Got my new extended battery today. Before I start using it I wanted to make sure I took the right initial step to ensure maximum battery life. I assume I'll find it with a partial charge when I place it in my DX. Should I fully deplete it before fully charging it? Or should I immediately charge it from partial to full before using it? Or does it not matter?

I seem to read conflicting thoughts on this. Any battery experts?

I got mine today and it was at 70%. I installed it, charged it at work, then charged it for several hours after it was at 100% at home. Next I'm going to run it down to about 10% without recharging, so the phone can determine it's capacity before recharging. That's going to be a little difficult b/c I'm sure I'll want to connect it to the USB to copy some files to the SD card, but that can wait.

I'm turning on my BT and GPS to speed up the calibration process. :D

I got 3-1/2 days of battery with light use, I wonder what I can get with the new battery.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones