• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
So, I have had my x10 for a few months now. I have always had average battry life from the phone, but yesterday, it went dead before I even left my apartment at 10am. I thought that it was because the charger wasn't plugged in properly, but the phone was hot. So I know it was plugged in. Instead, I thought it slid itself under my pillow and over heated. But this morning, the phone wasn't hot, it was fully charged at 8am when I unplugged it. And now it's down to about 60%. 20% battery usage in two hours is ridiculous. I don't know what's going on. I haven't changed anything recently, so I'm not sure why this is suddenly happening.

You can check the battery useage in settings. Might give a clue.

After that i'd consider turning things off that transmit data for a bit and see what happens. Could go into airplane mode fastest, or turn off 3g, wifi, gps. If it's still draining you might have a physical battery issue. If not, likely something was happening in the background.

Upvote 0
Sounds like a physical Battery problem to me, I had a similar problem with a laptop. With everything turned up full, all apps running it shouldn't run down that quick.

Does anyone have the same phone you can try their battery?

If you've only had it a few months, and you haven't rooted, you should still be under warranty

Upvote 0
Menu-Settings-Applications-Running Services.

Check there for apps that are running in background. I used to go from 100% to 68% overnight and then discovered that Skype was still running in background even after I'd signed out and exited it. I guess it was still trying to locate a wifi or data signal (I disable them when I don't need to use them).
Now I double check and stop what I don't need and haven't had a problem since.

Upvote 0
Smoked: I did just than last night before I plugged my phone in. I turned the wifi off and have not used the data at all today. I've had two calls and maybe ten texts. So, it's not the data or wigi (and I only use gps when using bump...aka almost never xD)

Smokey: It does sound like a physical battery issue to me as well. D: I was just hoping I did something stupid like turning something on. Unfortunately, no one I know even owns a SE let alone an X10.

D3sRt: I checked the battery history since I unplugged it. According to the menu, it's been runnign for 99% of the time. So, for some reason my phone won't sleep...but the screen blacks out normally. Obviously, this is the issue, but no applications are running. The partial wake usage has the dialer as the highest user. But, it's always been like that.

Upvote 0
Pull battery, hard reset.

My phone does this once in a while. The battery info usually says display, The last time it happened, the phone just wouldn't sleep. I pushed the button, screen turned off, but every time I took it out of my pocket, the screen was on. A hard reset seemed to fix it. Perhaps it's a live wallpaper issue.

Upvote 0
I am new at this, but I had a similar issue a couple of days ago, maybe not so severe. I had never left my home for the first few days I had my X10 so I was on my Wifi 100% of the time, but when I logged into At&t, I noticed I was still getting charged for data. Then I noticed when I woke the phone up, it was on 3g while it was sleeping. Every time the screen would go black, the device would shut off Wifi and search for a 3G signal.

I found a Settings options under Settings/Wireless Controls/Wif_fi settings/Advanced/Wi-Fi sleep policy which I changed to NEVER and that fixed my issues and my battery has been much better since.

Upvote 0
Reading thid thread raises the issue of Task killers again?

Do you or dont you?

Surly, SURLY, when they were designing this phone, they would have taken into account the average number of apps people would download, and produced a battery with adequate capabilities.

I have about 4 apps, and use the phone to mainly txt (between 40-60 and day) and phone calls (maybe 10-20 mins a day) and my battery life is appalling!! If I didn't charge it at work at would last from 08:00 to about 18:00.

Upvote 0
cwepruk: I really want to avoid having to do that. For whatever reason, getting contacts onto my phone is a MAJOR pain. It took forever to get them on there originally, and I don't want to have to do it again. If I get desperate, I'll give it a try.

mitch: Actually, that's helpful because I can leave my data on at home now. I usually always leave it off until I need it. But, now I don't have to do that at home anymore (and I can get pictures instantly xD) Thanks!

Dunc-x10: Unfortunately, ATT doesn't seem to open about telling us when/if they are getting the SE update. :(

mozzer: Nope. No task killers. I never needed them.

So, I think that calls are draining my battery. I know calls drain the battery, but lately calls drain it fast. My battery graph shows a drastic drop. I don't think this was happening before, so I'm not 100%. Today, I'll try to not make many calls and see what my battery level looks like. You guys are awesome by the way!

Upvote 0
cwepruk: I really want to avoid having to do that. For whatever reason, getting contacts onto my phone is a MAJOR pain. It took forever to get them on there originally, and I don't want to have to do it again. If I get desperate, I'll give it a try.

This has no effect on contacts or anything on your phone. Just turn the phone off, pull the battery. Check to made sure your SIM and SD are in properly, put the battery back in and turn it on.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones