• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery for EVO 4G same as for EVO V 4G?

Oyjord

Nov 6, 2011
Hi all,

Sorry for the newb question, but I just ordered an EVO V 4G Virgin Mobile from Amazon, and read how horrible its battery is. In researching batteries on Amazon, I kept finding batteries made explicitly for the EVO 4G. Will these fit my EVO V 4G?

Thanks!
Oy.

The batteries for the evo 3d will fit into our phone because it's the same hardware. :D they are also much more common than finding it titles as an evo v battery. So happy shopping!

New 3500mAh Extended Battery and Door Cover for Phone HTC EVO 3D High Capacity | eBay

Is there any reason why these batteries are not working? I ordered this one and a few other standard fit with larger capacity. They will not charge and do not recognize the battery in settings. I was under the impression that the sprint models were the same as ours. One I even had it replaced as precaution to no avail. Now I have a bunch of these that the suppliers told me to keep. What will they work in? I do know ebay sells the ones that say for virgin mobile evo 3d. Thanks for any advice.

Upvote 0
Going by the pictures this is the same battery that I'm using without any issues just bought it from a different seller although the one that you're linking mentions Samsung in the description which I don't understand. Any Evo 3d accessories are fully compatible with our phones because it is a re branded Sprint phone with slightly different software.

Upvote 0
Going by the pictures this is the same battery that I'm using without any issues just bought it from a different seller although the one that you're linking mentions Samsung in the description which I don't understand. Any Evo 3d accessories are fully compatible with our phones because it is a re branded Sprint phone with slightly different software.

Can you Link me to where you got yours? Any tricks to make this work?

Upvote 0
Can you Link me to where you got yours? Any tricks to make this work?

I got it months ago from eBay, I bought it more for the cover than the battery. It's the only extended cover that you can use with a case. Most of the others have a hump at the bottom. No tricks, it's basically 2 batteries connected in series. If it's made for the Evo 3d then it'll work fine.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones