• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery is dying very quickly - please help

I have had my phone for just over a month, and so far it has worked fine for the most part. Occasionally it will restart itself or turn off without prompting from me, though this could be user error, like holding the side button too long and pressing 'restart' on the screen accidentally without noticing it. But those few times it does that, it seems to be doing it on its own.

Last night it was charging and it started to feel very hot. I unplugged it and didn't touch it at all for the rest of the night. It had been charging for about three hours or so, so I think it was fully charged or nearly there when I unplugged it.

When I woke up this morning, it was at 89%. I have hardly used it today - just sent about five texts and briefly deleted some emails and nothing else. I looked at it around 3:00 PM and it was at 23%. The GPS function is turned off and the brightness is turned way down. It is on power-saving mode.

Any ideas?

Sounds like you might have a bad battery. I'd go back to the store you bought it from and get them to trade you for a new one as a warranty replacement. They shouldn't give you too much trouble about that and, if it still happens with a new battery, you may just have to get the whole phone replaced. Rather annoying, but both can happen on occasion!

Good luck!

Reactions: minderbinder
Upvote 0
In the settings under battery, if you press on the graph at the top it will show if the phone has been awake a lot

I've attached a picture of mine from just now, under 'awake' does yours show a lot of activity?

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1368820698027.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1368820698027.jpg
    65.5 KB · Views: 56
Reactions: minderbinder
Upvote 0
In the settings under battery, if you press on the graph at the top it will show if the phone has been awake a lot

I've attached a picture of mine from just now, under 'awake' does yours show a lot of activity?

It says that there is "7h 37m on battery" and that Android OS is taking up 18%, Device Idle is 14%, Screen is 13%, Cell standby is 12%.. everything else is 10% or under.

When I have checked this before, I believe it has told me that I have a little over a day on the battery at these same settings. I guess I'll try seeing if a new battery helps.

This is what it looks like:
NoWuSk5.png

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones