• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery issue after replacement

Hewtick

Lurker
Apr 7, 2022
Hi!

I have a 3 years old Xiaomi Pocophone F1 it is a great phone however the battery was started to have less and less SOT until I reached around 3-3.5hours.

I replaced the battery but I still had the same SOT like nothing happened,so I factory reset the phone. After the reset it defaulted back to MIUI 11 and when I checked the battery usage it look good. I calculated the battery capacity based on the info in the battery menu (app usage % and mAh) and I got a little less then 4000mAh so I thought everything is OK.

Then I updated it back to MIUI 12.0.3 and the phone went back as it were. If I calculated the capacity from the battery menu I got 1600-2000mAh depending on the charge. I downloaded AccuBattery and saw at the battery stage menu that my calculated battery capacity is ~2000mAh which is half of the official 4000mAh battery. I tried calibrating the battery by draining it to 0% then charging it 100% deleting the batterystats.bin file via "NoAd Battery Calibrator" app then draining it to 0% and charging it back up to 100% again. But it doesn't seems to work. Can I fix this issue without having to revert back to MIUI 11 or is it inevitable?

Hi!

I have a 3 years old Xiaomi Pocophone F1 it is a great phone however the battery was started to have less and less SOT until I reached around 3-3.5hours.

I replaced the battery but I still had the same SOT like nothing happened,so I factory reset the phone. After the reset it defaulted back to MIUI 11 and when I checked the battery usage it look good. I calculated the battery capacity based on the info in the battery menu (app usage % and mAh) and I got a little less then 4000mAh so I thought everything is OK.

Then I updated it back to MIUI 12.0.3 and the phone went back as it were. If I calculated the capacity from the battery menu I got 1600-2000mAh depending on the charge. I downloaded AccuBattery and saw at the battery stage menu that my calculated battery capacity is ~2000mAh which is half of the official 4000mAh battery. I tried calibrating the battery by draining it to 0% then charging it 100% deleting the batterystats.bin file via "NoAd Battery Calibrator" app then draining it to 0% and charging it back up to 100% again. But it doesn't seems to work. Can I fix this issue without having to revert back to MIUI 11 or is it inevitable?
Same problem any fix?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones