• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life experiences

Grok451

Lurker
Jul 8, 2012
Got my Nexus 16GB late yesterday (ordered 7/1) - take heart all that are still anxiously waiting. Played with it last night, then left it overnight to charge up fully. Been using it all day installing apps, surfing the net and listening to internet radio. Got notification at 14% left on battery. Used it some more and when I plugged it in, my battery app reported:

7% remaining
6 hours, 1 second on battery
Usage breakdown:
72% - screen
14% - TuneIn internet radio
7% - media server
4% - Chrome
2% - Maps

Note: Screen usage might be high because I had it on manual brightness at around 35% on the slider instead of automatic.

What's other people's experience?

Got my Nexus 16GB late yesterday (ordered 7/1) - take heart all that are still anxiously waiting. Played with it last night, then left it overnight to charge up fully. Been using it all day installing apps, surfing the net and listening to internet radio. Got notification at 14% left on battery. Used it some more and when I plugged it in, my battery app reported:

7% remaining
6 hours, 1 second on battery
Usage breakdown:
72% - screen
14% - TuneIn internet radio
7% - media server
4% - Chrome
2% - Maps

Note: Screen usage might be high because I had it on manual brightness at around 35% on the slider instead of automatic.

What's other people's experience?

Looks like you got great battery life with 72% screen on. That is normally the big battery killer. I have yet had the need to charge mine as it is still sitting in a warehouse somewhere.:rofl::vroam:

Upvote 0
Used mine more or less constantly for 5 hours last night and the battery indicator I installed was still showing (iirc) 54%

The usage included installing Apps, setting up email, dowloading Youtube clips for offline viewing, surfing the interweb, etc. All of that was done with WiFi turned on and connected.

Not three bad at all imho :)

Upvote 0
Charged it to full before I'd turned it on last night.
15h 8m
Screen 77% (5h 9m)
Chrome 4% (46m)
Android OS 3% (31m)
Media Server 3% (CPU Total 11m Keep awake 44m)
Now at 6% and I'm going to give it another nice big charge.

Edit:- and that's with WiFi on the whole time, although it's only 2% of battery usage.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones