• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery life: possible improvement, Commando

ok, I just rooted yesterday, removed bloat ware and un used stuff from the list provided in another post on this forum... I am always searching for power as I text alot, play games, google search, etc. I'm gonna try these 3 and see if there's any improvement. Hopefully there will be no conflicts but I'm totally backed up on titanium, so as long as I don't brick it I'll be good lol. Wish me luck.

Upvote 0
PVMtpServiceStart 1.0

What is this anyway? I reinstalled it and it goes through about three force closes on every boot up. I'm trying to install the m080 update so I reinstalled all the bloat. I'm still working off the m070 update. Supposedly the proximity sensor is fixed in the m080 update. I'm tired of hanging up on people with my cheek.

I can't get the update to take though. I uninstalled all the bloat, didn't freeze, so I don't know if that's the problem. I'm going to do a factory reset tomorrow and see if that makes a difference.

Upvote 0
was it even on the 2.3.3 update? I'm thinking i must have left the backup from titanium on the SD card for that thing and that's why it was force closing when i reinstalled it.

It depends on which app we are discussing.
I think maybe the "MTP" apps are Windows Media-Transfer-Protocol.
Some of the apps have changed for sure since 2.2.1.

I have deleted more stuff in 2.3.3 than 2.2.1, in various combinations; you just can't achieve the speed and battery improvements you could with cleaning up 2.2.1.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones