• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery life question and possible display point

rushmore

Extreme Android User
Nov 13, 2008
Kentucky
1. How is the battery life so far? I am concerned it will not last that long, due to the battery size. Nice it can be replaced, but that is $100 a pop.

A500 lasts about 9 hours and the Transformer about 10 hours (Kind of worthless saying this, since depends on usage and settings).

2. The display and video quality may be impacted by the video enhancement option and this may explain varied opinions about the display. Some report that when turned off, the display looks better and videos play better. The overscan used in the option may be causing the perception the image is soft and washed out by some, and others say it looks good.

Opinions about displays are subjective enough without adding enhancement options.

In Best Buy (Fullerton CA) today to return the Samsung Galaxy Tab I purchased last week and was returning due to a software issue that Samsung support said was know about but no resolve date was known. Not Happy. Walked by the tablet display and Lo and Behold is a Thrive on display. I asked if it was in stock and available for sale. Yes & yes. Out the door I went. If the Thrive doesn't live up to expectations I will be forced to repurchase (bought at Sam's Club in March, 90 day return policy) an IPAD 2. I have tried every tablet released since March. None have delivered in one or more area: features, quality, software, firmware, etc. GOt my fingers crossed. BTW, My past experience with multiple retailers and pre-orders is a nightmare. I will never pre-order anything from anyone. Especially, when they charge your credit card at time of order and not when shipped.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones