Battery life

Last Updated:

1. sam007

sam007 Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Guys

Any early reports on what you guys are seeing for battery life?

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

ive been using it on wi-fi (started @ 100% 3.5 hours ago) & ive downloaded / installed at least 20 apps .. sent about a hundred texts ; two 10-15 minute calls .. facebook & twitter a lot

also using a live wallpaper & brightness almost all the way up & its only @ 70% ...

3. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

Cool, this is shaping up to be the ideal phone for me. Time will tell.

4. 09lexus

09lexus Well-Known Member

been useing the phone for a week now and i do use atk and have it set for auto kill each hour. and use the power widget to quickly turn down the brightness. wifi off, bt on, gps off
    bt im easily getting over a day and i stream tons of internet radio and tv

5. Vihzel

Vihzel Destroying Balls Everyday VIP Member

I will be carrying around my DX and SF with me all day tomorrow and compare the battery life of both. I'll try to do whatever I do on one phone with the other also.

SirKronan likes this.
  6. hanano17

hanano17 Well-Known Member

This will come as no shocker for a comparison, but the battery is far and away better than my Dinc. Got my SF at 1ish, had class until 4 and then started to set everything up and play around with it. Did a lot of texting, some emails, web surfing, played with some apps for a bit and I have a live wallpaper up, 4 widgets and bluetooth and GPS on. I'm at 75% atm, my Dinc would be at 50%.

7. Don S

Don S Well-Known Member

Too soon to form conclusions, but I am less than thrilled with my battery life so far. Again, to early to say for sure.

8. Billy_617

Billy_617 Well-Known Member

UPDATE

Today - unplugged @ 7:15 went to class till 2:16 (light usage)
    prob sent/recieved 30 texts .. checked twitter & facebook once & checked the time like 10 times.

screen was @ full brightness. when i got out battery was @ 91% ... still havnt plugged it in & have been using it HEAVILY
    (brightness now halfway) & im at 69% (hehe)... so this can EASILY last me till tmr morning if i had too.. doubt ill even need the extended battery

sorry for the poor punctuation & stuff .. too busy & trying to write this fast

EDIT: this may seem like alot to me .. considering i had a defective battery in my D2 .. but my first day of school i got out didnt touch it AT ALL & it had 30%.. but the battery still seems good compared to my old iphone 3g

9. Darkhan

Darkhan Well-Known Member

I just posted pics of the 2200mah battery in the accessories area. Its huge and your right this phone really does not need an extended, wish I had known that yesterday.

10. howdy

howdy Well-Known Member

I don't have high expectations for smart phone battery life, since I have yet to see any that are good. This one will get the average person through the day from what I can tell. That's all I need, most people put their phones on a charger at least once a day anyway. I know I do.

I don't think I'm going to need the 2200 battery. I'm at least holding off on it for now.

11. xliderider

xliderider Well-Known Member

The SAMOLED screen and the battery saving features of this Fascinate is giving me better battery life than my Droid 1. If I had to guess, I'd say about 50% better.

12. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

That is so good to hear. I have been using the Droid X this week, and the battery is exceptional, even with the live wall paper I'm using. I was worried about the battery life on the Fascinate, but I ordered one anyways. Coming on Tuesday, for the reasons I listed in another thread.

13. saps

saps Well-Known Member

I'm averaging between 14-18 hours just 100% in the AM to stone cold dead and powering off in the PM. I only have Friday and Saturday to go by since Thursday I had the partial charge the phone ships with. Anyway, In 14-18 hours Im averaging probably 2hrs of actual phone calls, 20-30 emails sent and received, 150-200 texts sent and received, 1-1.5hrs of using games and apps that not need wi-fi, 1-1.5hrs of using Internet and apps that need wi-fi.

14. JuneNYC

JuneNYC Well-Known Member

I watch 6 20-25 min sitcoms on my commutes
    15 min of talk
    30 gtalk msg
    20 texts
    15 min of web surfing

14.5 hours since unplugged and 35% left

15. saps

saps Well-Known Member

Sounds right. I theorized somewhere else that the SF is probably good for 5 hours of straight consecutive usage. A one hour phone call usually drains the battery 12-14% or so. One hour on the Internet/wi-fi is closer to 16-18% or so it seems to me. Im not really battery testing as much today as the first or second day. Bottom Line it lasts from when I wake up to when I sleep. Good enough for me and likely I wont pull the trigger on the Extended Battery

16. Geeb

Geeb Member

So far ive gotten about 14 hours out of the phone with 15-20% battery life left before i charge it at the end of the day. Its about the same as my blackberry I had previously which is good enough for me considering this phones capabilities are lightyears ahead of BB :)

17. burningembers

burningembers Well-Known Member

Where my Incredible was dying before the end of day with moderate use, this phone is lasting past that time with about 25% remaining. I'm loving it.

18. II Kings 9:20

II Kings 9:20 Well-Known Member

This will be a step up from my D1. You guys have way more useage than I do (yes I have ATK with auto kill on) and I get 12-14 with 10 to 15 emails, no text, little browser, GPS and BT usually off and welll under an hour on calls.

19. Zegapain

Zegapain Member

Anyone seen what the Fascinate looks like with that extended battery Verizon offers? If it's not too bulky I may consider using it.

20. saps

saps Well-Known Member

21. Konos

Konos Well-Known Member

I mostly use the WiFi because I'm at a university so there's always a network nearby. I found that the 3G is spotty around me and really takes a toll on my battery when on...IMO probably more than the screen (I force mine to be at about 30%).

Today I unplugged at 8am have used total of about 2-3hrs of wifi web browsing (w/ about 10mins of YouTube) sent/received about 10 emails, talked for 47mins, sent 10 txt msgs, downloaded/installed 4 apps, and played around with said apps for another hour.

It's about 11:30pm and my battery is at 50%.

I check the box "Use Dial Up Networking" which i think keeps the 3G antenna disabled, so when I turn wifi off it saves even more battery, cause neither is enabled, but voice/texts can still go through. PLUS, I don't know if it's related or just coincidence, since I stared doing this yesterday I notice my signal is 3-4 bars more consistently with only 10% of "Time without a signal" vs 40% my previous 3 days.

As far as I can tell there's not any disadvantage to this other than having to turn it back on when wifi isn't available...I hope there's no hidden data costs I'm incurring.

22. Geeb

Geeb Member

Ive just noticed that when the phones battery is almost dead (flashing red battery icon)
    It forces the screen brightness down to minimum, Im assuming its to squeeze out a few more minuets from the phone. Im loving the touchwiz that samsung has implemented in here personally. all that's needed is a root to wipe out the bloatware and perhaps 2.2 of course

23. tats_06

tats_06 Well-Known Member

Any word on seidio? They make good batteries that are stick size.

24. SirKronan

SirKronan Well-Known Member

Well, I've finally had the chance to put the Fascinate through a full day of usage. It did well, even though I accidentally forgot to turn off all the background data checks (with two google accounts and a facebook account). I turned those off late evening (I had them off on the Droid X - I don't mind checking manually once in a while when I will actually have time to read it, anyways!) It lasted the full work day with some to spare. That's with lots of voice calls, gaming, internet browsing, and a little bit of email and texting. It did probably within 2-4 hours of what I could stretch out of the Droid X. I think this phone will do fine.

It's rooted, with Autokiller, and Launcher Pro Plus. Also, I've removed what I can safely of the Verizon bloat. Performance has been great. I have the screen set to auto with power saving features enabled. Nevertheless, when I stuck it in bright sunlight, it cranked up all the way so I could easily see it. It's a very nice phone.

25. rmreid

rmreid Well-Known Member

Agreed my SF is managing the battery much better than my Dinc with a 1500mah battery in it.