Support Battery Life

Discussion in 'Android Devices' started by jshoe22, Nov 13, 2010.

1. jshoe22

jshoe22 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010
    I got my phone 2 days ago. I unplugged my phone yesterday at 6am and I have a low (red) battery icon today at 1:15pm. I did not use the phone yesterday until 9PM. I left it home all day. I was poking around it a bit today.

• Is this normal battery life?
    • Should I just charge it everynight while I sleep?
    • Is the GPS on by default? (I noticed it says it is on but it says may reduce battery life.)

Thanks

Advertisement
  2. peachpuff

peachpuff Well-Known Member

Jul 27, 2010
    1. only at the beginning, keep charging/discharging it, it'll improve
    2. sure
    3. check the notification bar, if its green then its on but i don't think its actually being used, so just turn it off.

3. speedfreak32

speedfreak32 Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    Florence KY
    ckoolmike and Terrigno like this.
  4. Terrigno

Terrigno Well-Known Member

Jul 16, 2010
    North Carolina
  5. Lucidelusions

Lucidelusions Member

Oct 29, 2010
    I get about two days of battery life out of mine with average use and with Wifi turned set to always be on, my facebook and twitter apps are set to auto sync (every 4hrs for twitter), google voice account is set to synce, gps is on etc etc.

So compared to the battery life on my 3GS my captivate is freaking awesome lol

6. jshoe22

jshoe22 Well-Known Member

Nov 11, 2010

Do you use anything to end tasks that you are not actively using?

7. Lucidelusions

Lucidelusions Member

Oct 29, 2010
    Nope, I check running applications in the settings every now and then but the only thing I really end is my Pandora after I'm done listening to it. Otherwise I just use my phone like normal and I seems to get great battery life. I'm always checking out news on the usa today app, e online app, and cnet applications just like I did with my iPhone.

I don't call people very often though so my battery is mostly spent on applications or the screen being lit up for said applications lol