• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Life

jshoe22

Nov 11, 2010
I got my phone 2 days ago. I unplugged my phone yesterday at 6am and I have a low (red) battery icon today at 1:15pm. I did not use the phone yesterday until 9PM. I left it home all day. I was poking around it a bit today.

• Is this normal battery life?
  • Should I just charge it everynight while I sleep?
  • Is the GPS on by default? (I noticed it says it is on but it says may reduce battery life.)

Thanks

Ebay has two batteries and a wall charger for 10 bucks with free shipping.

They work as good if not better than the oem batteries.

B147s 2 Battery+Charger For Samsung Captivate SGH-i897 - eBay (item 110568228271 end time Nov-30-10 07:32:04 PST)

I agree. I have them and I would recommend you get them. Your gonna need em lol

Upvote 0
I get about two days of battery life out of mine with average use and with Wifi turned set to always be on, my facebook and twitter apps are set to auto sync (every 4hrs for twitter), google voice account is set to synce, gps is on etc etc.

So compared to the battery life on my 3GS my captivate is freaking awesome lol

Do you use anything to end tasks that you are not actively using?

Upvote 0
Nope, I check running applications in the settings every now and then but the only thing I really end is my Pandora after I'm done listening to it. Otherwise I just use my phone like normal and I seems to get great battery life. I'm always checking out news on the usa today app, e online app, and cnet applications just like I did with my iPhone.

I don't call people very often though so my battery is mostly spent on applications or the screen being lit up for said applications lol

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones