• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Civilguy

Lurker
Feb 21, 2012
I know there have been several threads on battery life.

I have Juice Defender installed and working, turn off the GPS when not needed and get good battery life (1 day) when I'm in an area with good service.

I, however, live in a rural area where my Verizon signal is almost non-existent. When I am home, my battery (phone) heats up and the battery life is only a few hours. I figure it is due to the phone constantly searching for a signal; but, am not positive.

I've looked through all the settings on the phone that I can see; but, can't find anything to help. Does anyone know of any settings I can adjust to extend the life.

I know there have been several threads on battery life.

I have Juice Defender installed and working, turn off the GPS when not needed and get good battery life (1 day) when I'm in an area with good service.

I, however, live in a rural area where my Verizon signal is almost non-existent. When I am home, my battery (phone) heats up and the battery life is only a few hours. I figure it is due to the phone constantly searching for a signal; but, am not positive.

I've looked through all the settings on the phone that I can see; but, can't find anything to help. Does anyone know of any settings I can adjust to extend the life.

Hey hope I can help here. I live in an area with weird signal so I get the same battery issues. I just bought an extended battery today so that should help. I would disable GPS, which you did, also turn off WIFI when you don't need it as it sucks up battery when searching. Turn off data while home unless you need it. You'll still receive texts and calls, but no MMS. Also disable 4G, just use 3G, that'll also help with your battery life. You can also download an app like Tasker and set up your phone to automatically do those things based on conditions like relative locations to cell towers, wifi routers, time of day, etc... Again, hope this helps.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones