• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery life?

The G2 Touch is the Hero right?

It depends on how you use it. I've been unable to put mine down since getting it last week, but with extremely heavy usage (constantly playing around with GPS, downloading apps, wi-fi constantly on with all widgets auto-refreshing every x minutes, and frequent web-browsing and listening to Last.fm for hours) the battery is typically lasts from 7am to 10-11pm.

My Nokia N95 would have flaked by 3pm in the afternoon if put under that kind of pressure. Once the novelty wears off and I'm using it mainly fo9r calls, I believe (according to other reviews) the battery should last 2-3 days.

Upvote 0
The G2 Touch is the Hero right?

It depends on how you use it. I've been unable to put mine down since getting it last week, but with extremely heavy usage (constantly playing around with GPS, downloading apps, wi-fi constantly on with all widgets auto-refreshing every x minutes, and frequent web-browsing and listening to Last.fm for hours) the battery is typically lasts from 7am to 10-11pm.

My Nokia N95 would have flaked by 3pm in the afternoon if put under that kind of pressure. Once the novelty wears off and I'm using it mainly fo9r calls, I believe (according to other reviews) the battery should last 2-3 days.

sounds good to me then, i guess i will be the same for a period of time play with it all the time. but as lon as it last a day like that then i am happy.

Upvote 0
The phone lasts for 2 days for me under regular use. Thats a little bit of everything (calls, a couple texts, a couple pictures, 2G, 3G, wifi, web, program use, and a small bit of gps). I've noticed that if I use the GPS for driving or biking (in use for an hour or more) than the battery needs to be charged at night. So I'd say 1-2 days, normally 2 solid days no need for mid charging.
I do however use the toggle switches and never have wifi or GPS on when its not in use.

Upvote 0
The phone lasts for 2 days for me under regular use. Thats a little bit of everything (calls, a couple texts, a couple pictures, 2G, 3G, wifi, web, program use, and a small bit of gps). I've noticed that if I use the GPS for driving or biking (in use for an hour or more) than the battery needs to be charged at night. So I'd say 1-2 days, normally 2 solid days no need for mid charging.
I do however use the toggle switches and never have wifi or GPS on when its not in use.

Wifi is likly to be used a lot for me, as my office has a wireless network as does my house and i can not get a 3G signal at home so wifi is the only good way to get on the net.
also my office will have a 100Mb internet connection in the next few weeks, makign the wifi much better than 3g.

Upvote 0
In that case you can trade out 3G for WiFi when you're at your house and office and probably not see a difference in battery life.
But I don't have much experience using both at the same time for prolonged periods, as its very easy to switch one off and the other on.

I am assuming that i can set the phone up to pick a Wifi connection over 3g and maybe turn one off then it not being used.

Upvote 0
Average to low use and I need it to be charged every night, I have a few apps and 1 widget running. I don't see how others with heavy use can get a full day out of it, impossible. Love the phone though and this isn't a drawback for me, just keep a charger at work and 1 in the car and your good to go!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones