• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

battery life

I'm afraid you're actually asking an impossible question. Battery capacity is only one factor. You mentioned the processor as well, which is good, but medium usage is exceptionally difficult to define. And is that usage with phone calls, mobile data (mobile radios use quite a bit of juice), wifi data (wifi radio is much more efficient), gaming (which isn't efficient at all), watching videos (which isn't processor-intensive but does keep the display on, and the display is pretty much always the largest battery drainer), listening to music (which doesn't keep the display on but does keep the device awake), etc?

There are so many variables that it's not really feasible to make an estimate based just upon the capacity of the battery.

What phone in particular are you looking at? I could move your query into the forum specific to that device and get some fellow users to chime in with real-world usage. :thumbup:

Upvote 0
and another big issue... location location location ... and what carrier in that location. its about quality of radio tower signals... the lower the quality .. the more it drains your battery.

the ONLY way to answer your question: find someone in your area (work, home, play) that has the same phone on the same carrier.

otherwise the end result can vary drastically.

Upvote 0
Also what apps you keep active/disabled impact battery life significantly. GPS/location, Bluetooth, Sync, etc. I keep them all off. I turn them on only when I need 'em. Also the colorful backgrounds eat juice and don't even think about an animated background. I run the builtin grey background.

But as already pointed out, it's really a YMMV kind of thing.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones