• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Battery Monitor Stats.. HIGH mV's?

localguy

Jul 15, 2010
southern cali,
Hello,
Trying to figure out something here, i installed Battery Monitor this morning i charged all day, checking the stats cell wasnt being used, far as it got down to was 10% 100% CHARGED, cpl guys over at xda said my mV was high 4212mV it was, so i flashed a different kernal this one:
netarchy-toastmod-4.3.1-cfs-nohavs-sbc, i wiped cache/dalvik and battery.
Then put back on charger and still is, i took cpl screenshots to show here to see if anyone else would know? or if isnt a big concern?
currently running mikfroyo 4.5B3..
Thanks hope someone can chime in :)

Attachments

• ss2.jpg
    ss2.jpg
    79.8 KB · Views: 37
  • ss3.jpg
    ss3.jpg
    36.6 KB · Views: 53
SBC kernels charge your battery all the way up to a real 100% which is about 4200 mV. Those numbers are normal for the SBC KERNEL being on your phone.
Are they ok for your BATTERY?

There seems to be a dispute on that. I have never had an overheating or esploding battery issue, but some claim it damages your battery.
If you want more info, lots of people share their opinions in this thread:
http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-all...erior-battery-charging-4-18v-off-charger.html

You can read through that and the xda thread and make your decisions.

Upvote 0
Thanks... few peeps said it should go all the way down to 0 when its fully charged, far as it went for me is 9% @100% charged, and thats leaving charge all night and half the day without using it also, so im guessing it wont go all the way to 0?
It is supposed to go all of the way to 0, and stay there.
I forget what to do when its not getting to 0, and staying at 9. Im pretty sure that its just not working exactly the way the sbc is supposed to work, so at that point youre supposed to try a different version of the sbc i think.
I dont have an sbc kernel anymore, so i forget all of the points about it.

But after being on the charger for 6-7 hours mine always got to 0.

Upvote 0
Yea, i'll have to do research more or try another kernal i tried few others even beta and the havs, HAVS dont play well on my cell... al tho this kernal does run fine just the fact its not 0'ing out has me baffled... Thanks tho :)

P.S. right now charging off my laptop just to see how far it will go down on here, even tho didnt need a charge. just a test.

Upvote 0
The 0mA is good. Negatives are not good, however you were using your phone and thats why those showed up.. So you need to charge your phone for a few hours and make sure it goes down to 0, and that no negatives show up. That is how you know the kernel is working.

Set the refresh time to one minute while you leave it overnight.
Then check again in the morning for 0's and no negatives.
Sometimes when i had an alarm set, or when i got a text i would get a negative, so watch for that.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones