• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery overheating s4 help! What to do??

Jen_12

Lurker
May 11, 2014
So I recently cracked my phone screen glass and had the LED and the glass screen replaced by a place that I went to in a mall. Ever since the replacement, my phone has been overheating and it has gone over 100 degrees Fahrenheit. I have a galaxy s4 and the battery has also been draining heavily and doesn't seem to last much as it used to before. I could go through a 4 hour school day amd get home at like 60%-80% but now I get home and it's at 27%! It drops battery percentage and is very warm while being idle. I don't know what it is and I was considering buying a battery replacement but I'm not sure on what to do? My carrier is T-Mobile and I have the jump plan but I'm not sure if I voided my warranty when replacing my screen elsewhere! HELP PLEASE! I also run on kitkat 4.4.2, thank you! :thinking:

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones