Battery pullSupport

Last Updated:

1. Bloomy6

Bloomy6 Well-Known Member

New to the android os (since early december) and have done some reading on task killers. I don't use one and probably won't. Having said that, I have noticed some things that start to work funny from time to time. One example is, today, the word suggestion box that pops up when typing decided to move down over the top of the keyboard making typing impossible when a suggestion popped up. A battery pull solved this. My question is, I think I understand from some reading that a battery pull shouldn't be necessary but it does seem to resolve some small issues when they arise. What are some thoughts on a weekly or every two week battery pull?

Advertisement
  2. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Well-Known Member

Personally -- I don't think it hurts to schedule routine battery pulls.
    I only do mine when it's needed.

I tell my wife to do her's every once in a while -- seems to get the job done.
  3. LaTuFu

LaTuFu Well-Known Member Contributor

Should it be necessary, technically? probably not. But the nature of open source, sometimes, is that nature isn't perfect.

I have downloaded quickboot from the market for this, as well as rebooting into recovery without a whole lot of trouble. Its nice being able to do it from a homescreen icon rather than pulling the phone apart.
  4. bigshotproducer

bigshotproducer Well-Known Member

+1 for quickboot
  5. Bloomy6

Thanks for the app mention. I'll give it a try. I had searched for a battery pull program but had been unsuccessful.
  6. Bloomy6

Well, unfortunately, this program is for a rooted phone and my mes is stock. Another suggestion for a quick pull or reboot program?
  7. LaTuFu

Try searching "reboot" and see. There is one called "fast reboot" that I can think of, iirc it does not require root access.
  8. Bloomy6

Thanks. Found the fast reboot
  9. tritiumman

tritiumman Well-Known Member

Any feed back on the "fast reboot" app?

Thanks in advance
  10. scott_

scott_ Well-Known Member

I can't say that I've need to do a battery pull all that often, but I have found that I need to just power the phone off and back on every couple of days to help address keyboard issues while texting.
  11. LaTuFu

I've since replaced that rooted phone with another Mez, which I never bothered to root.

I've gotten pretty good at mastering the one handed "crack open case, pull battery, replace and power up" method.

I should probably go back and take my own medicine and look up fast reboot. I'm doing it pretty much daily these days. My tired ol' Mez just doesn't want to work well these days.