• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories Battery question

Reactions: niteghostxmlz
Upvote 0
It should be the 2000mah. It was covered here:

http://androidforums.com/evo-4g-accessories/79333-2000mah-battery-tp2-hero-evo.html

Got a cheapy from ebay for 7.90

I'm waiting for mine to ship in. Once it does, I'm going to report my findings between that and the 1800mah battery that I currently have.

Originally, my OEM was just as good as the 1800mah for a little while, but I've been finding recently that it definitely doesn't last as long as the 1800mah.

I have my doubts that the 2000mah will be that much better, but was worth the $8 trial.

Upvote 0
It just absolutely sucks that the battery technology has not kept up with other technology. Further, the EVO is huge to begin with....so why not just put in a bigger battery as stock so that it can last 24 hours without re-charging with everything turned on? Make it 2/3mm thicker all the way around and maybe even wider and longer.... why not. Its a micro laptop anyway.

Upvote 0
It just absolutely sucks that the battery technology has not kept up with other technology. Further, the EVO is huge to begin with....so why not just put in a bigger battery as stock so that it can last 24 hours without re-charging with everything turned on? Make it 2/3mm thicker all the way around and maybe even wider and longer.... why not. Its a micro laptop anyway.

I'll tell you my case and I'm sure it would apply to others as well. If the EVO was any thicker than it currently is, I wouldn't have gotten the phone. I moved over from being a diehard physical qwerty keyboard owner and the only reason I chose the EVO to make the switch was because it had a larger screen, it was Android, and it was thinner in bulk.

I do agree that it's frustrating that the battery technology has not advanced/progressed with the electronics/mobile industry needs.

Upvote 0
I do agree that it's frustrating that the battery technology has not advanced/progressed with the electronics/mobile industry needs.

haha..have you guys gone back to any of your phones from 5+ years ago and checked out the battery that was in them?

I think sometimes we miss that the battery technology HAS actually progressed...just not a s far as we would like it to. Personally I think the tech is already out there...it just isn't cost effective.

Upvote 0
haha..have you guys gone back to any of your phones from 5+ years ago and checked out the battery that was in them?

I think sometimes we miss that the battery technology HAS actually progressed...just not a s far as we would like it to. Personally I think the tech is already out there...it just isn't cost effective.

Hahaha...What I meant is that, within the past 4-5 years, the technology has advanced MUCH faster than the advancement of battery capacity and/longevity.

Upvote 0
I'm waiting for mine to ship in. Once it does, I'm going to report my findings between that and the 1800mah battery that I currently have.

Originally, my OEM was just as good as the 1800mah for a little while, but I've been finding recently that it definitely doesn't last as long as the 1800mah.

I have my doubts that the 2000mah will be that much better, but was worth the $8 trial.

same here. it's been only 5 or 6 working days since i ordered mine, should be here soon.

Have the 2600 from sprint which is much better than stock, and just got the 3500 for my wife's epic, working great so far.

Upvote 0
same here. it's been only 5 or 6 working days since i ordered mine, should be here soon.

Have the 2600 from sprint which is much better than stock, and just got the 3500 for my wife's epic, working great so far.

You have a 2600 extended now, but you're waiting on the 2000 ebay battery? Is that because you want to get rid of the additional bulk?

Upvote 0
You have a 2600 extended now, but you're waiting on the 2000 ebay battery? Is that because you want to get rid of the additional bulk?

Yes, and just to see if there was a noticeable difference between the 1800 and 2000... 7.90 is cheap enough to satisfy my curiosity...lol

Depending on where I am I still use the stock battery door: work or home (close to a charger). If I'm out for the night I'll use the big one. I might get a 3500 just for laughs...

Upvote 0
Yes, and just to see if there was a noticeable difference between the 1800 and 2000... 7.90 is cheap enough to satisfy my curiosity...lol

Depending on where I am I still use the stock battery door: work or home (close to a charger). If I'm out for the night I'll use the big one. I might get a 3500 just for laughs...

I see.

I've been considering getting one of those 3500mah batteries, just to use as you were saying that you use the Sprint extended (e.g. on days/nights that I'll be out, using the phone heavily, and not likely to get back to a charger for a while).

How is the bulkiness of the Sprint one compared to stock, in your opinion?

Upvote 0
I see.

I've been considering getting one of those 3500mah batteries, just to use as you were saying that you use the Sprint extended (e.g. on days/nights that I'll be out, using the phone heavily, and not likely to get back to a charger for a while).

How is the bulkiness of the Sprint one compared to stock, in your opinion?

Drex, The Sprint 2600mAh extended is somewhat bulky. Looking at the profile of the phone, it looks approximately 1.5 to 2 times as thick and I weighed the entire phone approximately as 1 ounce heavier than stock (using a crappy old scale. 6 ounces with stock battery and stock door, 7 ounces with extended battery and extended door). It's still pocketable, but not TOO noticeable, I even find it easier to be hand held with the extended battery on.

Reactions: Mr. Ed
Upvote 0
Drex, The Sprint 2600mAh extended is somewhat bulky. Looking at the profile of the phone, it looks approximately 1.5 to 2 times as thick and I weighed the entire phone approximately as 1 ounce heavier than stock (using a crappy old scale. 6 ounces with stock battery and stock door, 7 ounces with extended battery and extended door). It's still pocketable, but not TOO noticeable, I even find it easier to be hand held with the extended battery on.

Spot on^

Though for$ 8 I might try that 2000.....I have 4 or 5 cases just sitting in a drawer lol

thanks guys. I may just try one of the extended batteries out, just to see if I like it. Only thing is, I don't like how the Sprint back cover looks...LOL

Upvote 0
thanks guys. I may just try one of the extended batteries out, just to see if I like it. Only thing is, I don't like how the Sprint back cover looks...LOL

Yeah, they look bad, and make your cases worthless. It's a tough trade off to make. I haven't decided yet if the scrifice is worth it.
If my memory serves me correctly, didn't you end up with a white Evo? One thing the Sprint extended will have going for it is the white extended door. I don't think you can find a extended white door anywhere else. They may look bad but at least the color will match.

Upvote 0
Yeah, they look bad, and make your cases worthless. It's a tough trade off to make. I haven't decided yet if the scrifice is worth it.
If my memory serves me correctly, didn't you end up with a white Evo? One thing the Sprint extended will have going for it is the white extended door. I don't think you can find a extended white door anywhere else. They may look bad but at least the color will match.

Yup. You're exactly right Pyro. I ended up trading for a white evo after my first few exchanges (due to defects). Good memory.

I saw the white extended door from Sprint when they first released their extended batteries, but really wish they would've made it more seemless like the standard door or the ones off ebay. I wouldn't even mind getting the black door from ebay because I still have some custom skins that I made that have been sitting around (as backup for when my current one finally gets too scratched up to keep on).

We'll see if I decide to give it a shot. First thing's first, we'll see how the 2000mah battery turns out.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones