• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Battery Statistics and other issues

saycoda

Feb 9, 2011
Hi I have couple of questions, mostly battery life oriented. I love my Epic 4G but am frustrated by the battery usage. I am running JuiceDefender (default settings) and Startup Manager. Yesterday after running the battery totally dead, I charger it in my truck for three hours, it came up with the blue LED and indicated 100% (therefore I charged from 12:00-3:00pm). Fairly light usage after supper from about 7:00-9:00pm, then to bed. On my way into work at 8:00am this morning, 2-3 calls and texts the battery is totally dead with the following stats:

1) 9hrs 6min since unplugged (what?, I unplugged it at 3:00pm not 11:00pm)
2) Usage:
a. Display 57%
b. Voice calls 18%
c. Cell standby 13%
d. Phone idle 9%
e. Media server 2%

My display turns off after 1min, I

Go to SETTINGS then ACCOUNTS & SYNC then uncheck the Background data.. remember to turn it on when u want to use it the Web or anything.

Have you Read trough this yet..

http://androidforums.com/epic-4g-ti...4g-battery-life-extension-another-thread.html

If you read trough it and follow as it says then theres no reason why you shouldnt get at least 15-16 hours on 1 charge. at least thats what i was getting when i still had my regular battery in my Epic. thats also an estimate with background still enabled and facebook running in the background.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones