battery went dead with phone on chargerSupport

Last Updated:

1. crashxj700

crashxj700 Member This Topic's Starter

When I got home from work today my battery was down to 20%. I plugged the charger in then started messing around on youtube. An hour later my phone shuts off and wouldn't power back on. Red led was blinking for about five minutes then the phone powered itself back on. I checked osmonitor and it showed my battery at 0% and battery temp at 140f. Will the battery not charge if your using this phone or is my charger bad?

Advertisement
  2. Leogorath

Leogorath Member

Could be a combination. I noticed that, with the brightness up and using browser, My battery would run down faster than I could charge it on my car charger, but not on the wall one. That may be what's happening here.

Also, are you overclocking or anything like that?

3. crashxj700

crashxj700 Member This Topic's Starter

My phone is stock. Only had it a few days. My brightness was all the way up.

4. Leogorath

Leogorath Member

That may be it. That brightest setting burns through battery like gangbusters.Taking it down one step while you're charging may help.

5. jinwons

jinwons Well-Known Member

I normally get home with battery left around 65% under moderate usage, and about 50% with some more web browsing than normal. The lesson I learned for battery is

1. Keep the screen brightness low. Mine is at around 10%.
    2. Keep WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS off when I don't use them.
    3. Avoid live update widges like news, SNS, weather, etc on screen. These things are battery killers though they are convenient.
    4. Check what's running in the background often by going into setting/applications/running services. Sometimes weather widget is there even when it's not used on the screen, and it still drains battery. I kill any such things there.

But I'm still using background data enabled and auto-syncs for emails. I am sure that disabling them would further improve battery life. But I'm satisfied with the way my Ally is consuming it.