• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help battery went dead with phone on charger

When I got home from work today my battery was down to 20%. I plugged the charger in then started messing around on youtube. An hour later my phone shuts off and wouldn't power back on. Red led was blinking for about five minutes then the phone powered itself back on. I checked osmonitor and it showed my battery at 0% and battery temp at 140f. Will the battery not charge if your using this phone or is my charger bad?

I normally get home with battery left around 65% under moderate usage, and about 50% with some more web browsing than normal. The lesson I learned for battery is

1. Keep the screen brightness low. Mine is at around 10%.
2. Keep WiFi, Bluetooth, GPS off when I don't use them.
3. Avoid live update widges like news, SNS, weather, etc on screen. These things are battery killers though they are convenient.
4. Check what's running in the background often by going into setting/applications/running services. Sometimes weather widget is there even when it's not used on the screen, and it still drains battery. I kill any such things there.

But I'm still using background data enabled and auto-syncs for emails. I am sure that disabling them would further improve battery life. But I'm satisfied with the way my Ally is consuming it.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones