BB 4 issues (for me anyway)

Last Updated:

1. drumtrucker

drumtrucker Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

noob to root: bb .4 Battery icon not changing from 'charging' when unplugged. Loaded my homescreens shifted 1 screen to left (of center), i.e. my previous center screen was 1 to left of center etc.

Advertisement
  2. condog

condog Well-Known Member

I would try a full wipe.

Sent from my Droid using Tapatalk

3. drumtrucker

just confirmed battery icon issue just my being old and blind, the icon does change, is just that 'discharging' one is different than 2.1 I did do a wipe before install, using ROM manager. how do I tell if at 800?

4. condog

condog Well-Known Member

I'm guessing you mean 800mhz. Bugless will automatically have your kernel run the fastest speed it is capable of. If you have the stock kernel, you are running at 800mhz. You could also run the CPU info script

5. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

Well, my battery icon is not changing from 100%. Been off the charger for 10 hours...and still 100%?

It would be nice if it were true...but I don't think so :eek: Might have a glitchy battery reporting issue on our hands. ;)

Go into settings > About phone > Status and look at your battery status...does it say charging or discharging?

I just connected my charger and my phone refuses to charge (shows that it is fully charged and the light won't come on by the micro usb port...I'll keep an eye on it...

I don't know about your homescreen (what lanuncher are you using). If using ADW or Launcher Pro (along with others) have the ability to change your default homescreen. It shouldn't change on its own, but if you adjusted the number of screens, then the default screen would be different.

6. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

I am not in recovery but in CW, under advanced options in recovery you can wipe your battery stats.
    Try that

7. anaphora68

anaphora68 Well-Known Member

What launcher are you using? If you're using LP or ADW, you need to set your default launcher screen.

8. drumtrucker

issue happened with 'stock' BB launcher (already moved on to Launcher Pro Beta). FYI, when I installed Cyangen it maintained my icon placements.

9. UBRocked

UBRocked VZW Nexus Please!!! VIP Member

I turned off my phone and let it sit for 30 minutes...battery now shows 80% in the notification bar and 70% via my battery widget. Still good battery life thus far.

10. inssane

inssane Well-Known Member

What kernel?
    No reboots?