BB Messenger

Last Updated:

1. Palomino

Palomino Well-Known Member This Topic's Starter

Is there or could there ever be a blackberry messenger app to txt other blackberry devices. That txting app only blackberry's have?
    Reason I'm curious is a lot of my friends unfortunately have blackberry's...

Advertisement
  2. XOS THW

XOS THW Well-Known Member

As far as I know there isn't yet. I too have been on the search for one.

3. JoshUng

JoshUng Well-Known Member

Yeah, BBM is the only thing I miss about my Blackberry, even their commercials are pimping that feature, I think even RIM knows its the only thing it does better than other OS's.

But I don't think there is a way to get without having a Blackberry. Even if you could get it to download, you'd still need a PIN. I'd just suggest having your friend download gtalk, AIM, or some other program if you don't want to just text them

4. officer629

officer629 Member

It's possible.... a windows mobile Dev did it. I had it on my HTC Touch Pro right before I left windows mobile and went to Android. It was in beta and worked pretty decent, only receiving messages was the problem.

5. RedWingsFan

RedWingsFan Well-Known Member

I just had a blackberry tour and for contacts that didn't have BBM, I could add them them to BBM and all of their text messages would come through that way. Of course you would lose the check mark showing "D" delivered and "R" read. But for the most part everything else worked exactly the same.

I believe this was a feature of the 5.0 OS.

6. mcl1981

mcl1981 Well-Known Member

Concidering BLACKBERRY messenger requires the BLACKBERRY network and a BLACKBERRY, I would venture a guess you won't see it on anything but a BLACKBERRY.

7. Tre Lawrence

Tre Lawrence Well-Known Member

Sorry, that made me laugh... :D

Yep, don't hold your breath. RIM is pushing it because they know it is a mistake to have such a slick feature on what is essentially a closed platform.

Someone pointed out Cncted (sp?) as a viable cross-platform alternative.

I am migrating to GTalk. I miss BBM, but I refused to be tied down to any one platform for IM. What happens to those friends when they want to try a device with a different OS? Is BBM enough to keep folks on BBs?

8. unwallflower

unwallflower Well-Known Member

Sure, there's a blackberry messenger app... for the blackberry.

I assume you're asking if there is one for the Evo. Nope. Try gtalk.

9. officer629

officer629 Member

:D Yeah that did sound pretty funny.

To clear that up, you were able to push through when sending a bbm with no problems however every once and a while the initial bbm sent to you was delayed. once in a conversation it was good.

10. maj85

maj85 New Member

Hey guys
    i am woundring f there's a bbm for froyo as long my managers is chasing my to get one

and i don't wanna go for any S**t of that as long i have replaced everything for email exchanging but the only thing which is let me stuck and don't know what to do is the s**t what they called it BBM so pls any one have an idea about it or any app can help me with it

11. ggh1969

ggh1969 New Member

WOW.....Really? :confused:

12. thomasanderson

thomasanderson Well-Known Member

What makes BBM better(or more functional) than Gtalk, or AIM or Yahoo messenger?

13. freeza

freeza Well-Known Member

What was it called?