• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beats by Dre Phones = Gigantic Sham?

SaurusX

Sep 13, 2010
This is the most ridiculous marketing gimmick I've seen in a long while. You take a "brand" created by Monster Cable, which is dependant upon human stupidity in order to stay in business, that pays Dre to slap his name on the box and then pay some more money to say your phone is "Beats certified". The simple fact is that for the most part Beats headphones are the crap. There are many other companies that HTC could have partnered with if they wanted real quality. I know, then they wouldn't have the Dre name attached, which automatically makes these things desirable. I have to hand it to Monster, though. After destroying their rep with videophiles, they've figured out how to squeeze more dollars out a different class of noobs totally unfamiliar with them.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones