Beautiful Widget Home Temp StuckSupport

Last Updated:

1. jeter

jeter New Member This Topic's Starter

Is anyone having a problem with the Temperature being Stuck at 73 degrees on Beautiful Widget Home? This started Monday morning, the Temp stays the same but the Sun, Clouds and Moon will change when appropriate.

I have Refreshed, Reinstalled and Shutdown the Program and Phone but it still shows 73 degrees

Advertisement
  2. esn

esn Well-Known Member

Some apps don't play nice with certain phones I tried that app and it worked for me but it could be another app causing your issue. With android being a open market these things can happen which sucks. I have downloaded a few apps that didn't play nice and had to remove them.

3. TheGr81

TheGr81 Well-Known Member

I have been having the same issue on and off for the last few weeks on both my Droid and Droid X. I have it set to update every 15 minutes but it doesn't. It is stuck at 83 degrees now.

I just checked the reviews in the market and others are having the same issue. Something must have broken with the last update.

4. Airmaxx23

Airmaxx23 Well-Known Member

Mine is still working properly.

5. gilg2010

gilg2010 New Member

I downloaded that app yesterday, the temperature was stuck at 84 degrees, wouldn't clear. Based on that and the comments on the app at the market, I uninstalled and got a refund.

6. TheGr81

The app used to work just fine. I have been using it ever since I got my original DROID on launch day last November. It has just been over the last few weeks that it has stopped working.

7. irishpride

irishpride Well-Known Member

I'm having the same issue, I'm stuck at 82 at the moment, just patiently waiting for an update. From what it looks like, there's not much that can be done about this on our part except email the dev.

8. jdk33

jdk33 Well-Known Member

bbuck002 likes this.
  9. Airmaxx23

I guess mine is stuck also...I'm sure it will be fixed soon enough.

10. urdaddi

urdaddi Well-Known Member

Yeah...same problems here with it. Has not been reporting correctly. Both the temperature and the type of weather have been skewed. Was showing 82 & rainy yesterday when it was actually sunny & 91.

Beautiful Widget Home looks nice....but the accuracy is important to me. I have removed it and am not using it. I rather have the correct information than trying to look pretty.

11. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

Mine has been stuck @ 71!! I was like, "oh let me have lunch outside, its only 71F out..." 5 minutes later, "WTF it is hot as hell... 71 don't feel like 71 anymore"

does he make fancy widgets also?? because this is also showing 71F!?!!

12. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

mine had been working fine but this morn it is stuck. Must have been stuck since late yesterday afternoon because its stuck at yesterdays high for the day LOL

13. Airmaxx23

They are aware that there is currently an issue and they are working on it.

14. Preach2k

Preach2k Well-Known Member

I think it is a software issue. It looks like other people on other forums are having the same issue...

The developer is aware of the issue, and is actually looking at changing the weather provider for the app. He's hoping to have it done in the next 2 weeks

15. dB Zac

dB Zac Well-Known Member

this widget has been so rock solid, I will wait it out. I am sure they will fix the issue, there will be no more hungry kids and peace will be restored.

16. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

same here. stuck with rain and cool weather......

grrrr.....

17. mahers

mahers Well-Known Member

I am sunny and 75, but it's cloudy and cold as hell outside. Been 75 since 6am?? No worries tho. Plenty of other weather apps to be used in the meantime.

18. Foolish Mortal

Foolish Mortal Well-Known Member

Google weather is screwed, and every widget that uses it, Beautiful Home, Weather and Toggle Widget, etc., is screwed as well...

19. esemes

esemes Well-Known Member

do you know if its being repaired?

i dont know what other widge to use for the same effect.

20. TheGr81

I am just using the Moto time/date and weather widgets until this is fixed. They are ugly but functional.

21. PeaceMaker

PeaceMaker Well-Known Member

Beautiful Widgets @ Fancy widgets are both affected--it would make sense that there is one common denominator between teh two that is affected.

22. Droid Samurai

Droid Samurai Well-Known Member

I did the same just today because it's very annoying when BW is stuck @ 79f when it's really 90+ -_-;

23. CrabbyPants

CrabbyPants Member

This is a google issue. Not a beautiful widgets issue. Go to google and search "weather (your zip code)" and I would bet the current temp is exactly the same as the widget. This has been happening for me as well. The widget can only be as accurate as the data that is being fed to it, which in this case is google weather.

24. JYo

JYo Active Member

the weather is stuck on my Moto Droid also. The time also stopped this afternoon. I deleted the "beautiful home" widget, and then put it back on the home screen. The skin came back all messed up. Finally Had to reboot phone to get the clock to work again.

25. 1977sjr

1977sjr Well-Known Member

I dumped Fancy Widgets and switched to the free version of Weatherbug. I also downloaded DigiClock and I like the combination of the two a lot. Together they take up a lot less room on the homescreen, looks clean, and Weatherbug offers a boatload more details than BW or FW.