• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets - Weather app

MarmiteX1

Dec 27, 2010
Hi,

I am using Beautiful Widgets but the weather is not updating automatically everyday with the current forecast it has retrieved. I have wifi and mobile internet turned off after updating the weather.

For example, I switched wifi on and it updated the weather when i selected refresh and it picked up 4 days forecast. I switched wifi off and the next day(today) it hasnt refreshed the weather and temp. I didnt turn wifi or mobile internet today.

I even tried 'refresh on wake' option but that doesnt work either.

Do i need to have wifi or mobile internet connection on to update weather automatically?

Can anyone advise please/point me in the right direction?

Thanks,

So basically I have to have an active data connection or wifi connection to update weather automatically every day?

I am just curious because the weather and temp is not changing for example, say if its sunny today but its going to rain tommorrow then it should change(eventhough wifi is switched off).

Because in stock weather app if you have retrieved a weather forecast for couple of days and you don't switch on your wifi or data connection it will use the weather it had retrieved the last time you updated.

I dont know whether Beautiful Widgets weather app has this functionality etc.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones