• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets weather not updating

That's great to hear because I've bought it twice for both my Dh's and my phones. seemed to work great during the "trial" period of 24 hours and now never changes the weather or temp and sometimes not even the clock. was uber disappointed but glad to see the dev is working on changing it. will be a killer app if they can fix this.

BTW, located in Vermont.

Thanks for all the posts here. Glad to see I'm not crazy thinking it can't have been 66 degrees here for the past two days...especially when the other weather apps were saying it was 20+ degrees hotter...

Upvote 0
From everything I am seeing, there are a lot of applications like this that tie into the google API for weather.

Check it out, go to Google and type in the search window the name of your city and "weather" (e.g - Los Angeles weather). The weather comes up the same as what is being displayed with FancyWidgets, Beautiful widgets, etc.

The underlying problem here is how Google gets its weather. Once that is resolved, all of the applications should show weather just fine.

Upvote 0
I want to like this application, I really do. Pretty weather widget and all, however, the clock sucks. Pure and simple WILL NOT update. Very frustrating looking at my Evo and seeing the clock in the toolbar displaying the correct time and the Beautiful Widgets applet showing some time yesterday.

The only way I can get the time to update at ALL is to show the forecast, choose settings, and then choose Refresh so that the wether and the clock are updated.

I am about to uninstall this program and see if anything else works better and as advertised.

Upvote 0
So, I get the latest version. I think it's going to be great, and the time updating issue will be fixed, what a surprise, NOT FIXED. The time currently is 12:25PM, yet Beautiful Smaller home shows 12:09.

What a joke. This application does not work. Why don't the developers do something to fix this?

Have you tried a reboot? I was having the same issue along with force closing when tapping the temp, but rebooting seems to have straightened everything out.

Seems like a nice update. Better settings screen, and it finally works!

Next I'd like to be able to have a choice in the settings where the weather info is pulled from...weather bug, weather channel, google, yahoo, accu, etc.

Upvote 0
Have you tried a reboot? I was having the same issue along with force closing when tapping the temp, but rebooting seems to have straightened everything out.

Seems like a nice update. Better settings screen, and it finally works!

Next I'd like to be able to have a choice in the settings where the weather info is pulled from...weather bug, weather channel, google, yahoo, accu, etc.

Took your advice, rebooted my Evo. Device clock in the toolbar says 1:03, Beautiful Smaller Home says 12:54.

<sarcasm> Excellent that this was fixed. </sarcasm>

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones