• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Widgets: Worth the price & lives up to the name

K

kiljoy

A paid app for nothing more than a clock and weather display may seem ridiculous, but this app is more than worth the price. Firstly, it's very customizable with two skinnable home screen widgets that display the time, date, current temperature, high/low temperature, & weather conditions. There are many, many skins to choose from for both the clock and the weather and the selection grows with each (frequent) update. Secondly, it allows for three links to commonly used features (which themselves can be customized), by default these are: clock links to alarms, date links to calendar, and weather links to an animated weather screen with a five day forecast.

Beyond this there are widgets for toggling wifi, bluetooth, brightness, GPS, plane mode, silent, and vibrate. These are fairly basic and very SenseUI-like, but nice to have around.

This also ties into a no-cost add-on called Beautiful Live Weather which allows you to apply a live wallpaper similar to Google's Grass live wallpaper that shows the current weather conditions animated on your desktop with moving clouds, the sun and the moon traversing the sky, and rain/snow along with lightning if it's storming.

I would be remiss if I failed to point out that the app is frequently updated and problems are addressed quickly by the developer by email if you require assistance (my experience has been a reply within a half hour). The responsiveness to the customer is why I can't recommend this highly enough as it would be one thing if it were just good looking, but the constant improvements and attention to requests is truly what elevates this to must-have app.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones