• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Women

icon_quote.jpg
mikedt:
All the names in this thread, I had to Google as I haven't previously heard of them, except for Charlize Theron.

Would Cleopatra have stirred up some of those youthful oats?

Upvote 0
The Darling Bride.

Seriously... we were married in 1990 and I truly believe she's more gorgeous now than she was then.

Lamar&DonnaNaples.jpg
Screenshot_20210508-201202_Gallery.jpg

I married up - way up!

EDIT:

We took the occasion to get a new portrait done last week and I'll continue to insist that I married way up!

Donna and Lamar Wilkie.jpg

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Happy Birthday Hedy Lamarr!

This bombshell of the silent & classic film era was more than a pretty face: she was a brilliant mathematician. During World War II she worked with the US government to develop a way for our forces to communicate without fear of enemy interception.

What Hedy helped develop was "frequency hopping" - where the transmitters & receivers would send a burst of encrypted data before switching to another frequency.... again and again. The enemy would never know what the next frequency would be.

This incredible technology became the basis for time & frequency division multipllexing systems; and the Code-Division Multiple Access (CDMA) technology that Verizon uses for its cellular network.

Thank you, Hedy! Today would have been her 107th birthday.

HedyLamarrA.jpg

Upvote 0
I absolutely adore my beautiful Darling Bride - and while she is a wonderful culinary and fly fishing goddess, I'm not sure she could be any more technologically declined. I really have tried to help her: but after all the years of effort, to find her trying to read a small, dark document on her phone with a lighting magnifying glass (instead of just brightening the screen and zooming in), I'm not sure I've made any progress.

Bless her heart...

TechDeclined.jpg

Upvote 0
I absolutely adore my beautiful Darling Bride - and while she is a wonderful culinary and fly fishing goddess, I'm not sure she could be any more technologically declined. I really have tried to help her: but after all the years of effort, to find her trying to read a small, dark document on her phone with a lighting magnifying glass (instead of just brightening the screen and zooming in), I'm not sure I've made any progress.

Bless her heart...

View attachment 161356

Does she need better glasses or progressives, brother?

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
Beautiful women are known for their beauty, kindness, and charm. Many women strive to be like them. Some even try to become those who are beautiful.
I know mine is such a charmer too :) She got it from her mother,both are really lovely women both inside and out.

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones