• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Behold 2 RECALL

Not that kind of recall. It's for retailers to send back their unsold stock to samsung without being charged for them. Today was last day to send them back. Not for consumers!

I thought they were recalling them to the tmo return center, and they will be using them to fulfill web orders and replacements til they officially announce its end of life (EOL).

Upvote 0
Well yes that's true. They are keeping a supply to use for current orders already made on line and over the phone. New unsold stock are almost never used for exchanges. Exchanges typically are refurbs shipped from samsung service dept to tmobile returns and exchanges dept. Most left over new stock goes to samsung to be rebranded and reflashed for use on cinci bell's network.

BTW @euph_22, how do you like the droid incredible? Just now noticed your updated device list. :)

Upvote 0
Well yes that's true. They are keeping a supply to use for current orders already made on line and over the phone. New unsold stock are almost never used for exchanges. Exchanges typically are refurbs shipped from samsung service dept to tmobile returns and exchanges dept. Most left over new stock goes to samsung to be rebranded and reflashed for use on cinci bell's network.

BTW @euph_22, how do you like the droid incredible? Just now noticed your updated device list. :)

Makes sense...either way, I don't think anyone (especially here) is surprise the BH2 is going away. I'm surprised it didn't go away in June.

I love the Incredible, brilliant amoled screen, blazing fast, and I love Sense UI. It has a lot of the features I was looking for in the behold 2 (pretty much the same exact size as the behold 2, proximity sensor), except they actually work (amazing idea). Only wish it had better battery life, and I sort of miss having hard call buttons, but I have an extended battery in the mail.

And verizon is way faster, and has better coverage in my area.

Upvote 0
Nice! Glad you got it before htc switched from amoled to superlcd. I mean I'm glad htc isn't using samsung products anymore (because Sammy can't deliver them at the moment) but I don't care what htc says amoled smokes superlcd everyday and twice on Sunday! Superlcd is nice and uses less power than LCD but it's still not as good IMO

It's funny you mentioned the call button...I really thought I'd miss it too coming from b2 to the slide,but...I don't! Swipe to answer works just fine.

Upvote 0
Nice! Glad you got it before htc switched from amoled to superlcd. I mean I'm glad htc isn't using samsung products anymore (because Sammy can't deliver them at the moment) but I don't care what htc says amoled smokes superlcd everyday and twice on Sunday! Superlcd is nice and uses less power than LCD but it's still not as good IMO

It's funny you mentioned the call button...I really thought I'd miss it too coming from b2 to the slide,but...I don't! Swipe to answer works just fine.

Yeah, I don't really miss the call button that much. Maybe one call in 20 is a little more annoying without it. Not a huge deal, but since it's a phone first I think it's worth mentioning.

And actually HTC isn't switching the screen on the Incredible. They're going to change the Desire and Nexus one (not sure what that means, since Google stopped selling the N1) to free up more screens.

Upvote 0
Good to know...cause there was an article on phandroid about the switch to slcd so that's news to me. They went on and on about how it's just as good as amoled and in fact said that all the new and upcoming phones for htc will be using slcd, again this is according to the phandroid story, so who knows.

Upvote 0
HTC's switch has far less to do with performance than it does to Samsung saying "We're running short, and instead of supplying *OUR COMPETITION* we're going to focus on our OWN line*

Makes sense, really. And I agree with Behold_This: AMOLED all the way

Now... Can I get my 52in screen replaced with a 52in Super AMOLED? :p

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones