• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Being charged for extras

MrsFlowers

Lurker
Jul 22, 2023
Is anyone else having this issue? My husband and I both have the $25/mo. unlimited data plan through Boost Mobile. Last month I went onto the Boost App to do the daily login bonus, and I saw it said my next bill was going to be $35. I tried looking for a while and finally after logging onto the website on my computer i discovered in the detailed billing area that it said I was being charged the $25 plan as well as $10 for a recurring data pack. I never added a pack to my plan, and if I go to the section to see the data packs it even tells me I have no active packs. I contacted support and they told me it was showing it was going to remove on my due date and I wouldn't be charged for it and to disregard it. Well, I got charged. I contacted them again on the day i got charged, 7 days ago now, and they said they put in a ticket for a refund for the extra charge (that I've heard nothing about since) and said that it is "in the process of removing" and it would remove NEXT billing date and I wouldn't be charged. Obviously I am skeptical of this since that's pretty much what they told me last time. Now it turns out they did the same thing to my husband. It's supposed to be $25 but he was charged $35. We haven't had a chance to talk to support about his account yet about it but plan on doing so when off work. Originally i thought this was an issue my account was having, but my husbands account is not linked to mine and its happening to him to. so I'm curious if this is a known issue or if anyone else is dealing with this? It's extremely frustrating that not only we are being charged for something we didn't want, and aren't even using, but we're having to deal with support so often for this issue.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones