• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root best 2.1 currently available?

chicken_marsala

Upvote 0
Let's say I wanted to kill root for warranty purposes. How would I go about doing that? Is there a de-root update.zip?

Well you have a few options.

You could use the virgin-oem rom and apply the 2.1 OTA update that is coming or you could apply the 2.0.1 "official" update now and that will unroot you. I can post that in a few if you need it. Also, I think the droidmod updater gives you the option to install the root 2.0.1 update (no root).

Upvote 0
Well you have a few options.

You could use the virgin-oem rom and apply the 2.1 OTA update that is coming or you could apply the 2.0.1 "official" update now and that will unroot you. I can post that in a few if you need it. Also, I think the droidmod updater gives you the option to install the root 2.0.1 update (no root).

Excellent. If you have the 2.0.1 update (no root), please post it. Thx.

Upvote 0
Excellent. If you have the 2.0.1 update (no root), please post it. Thx.

Here you go. This is the 2.0.1 Update.zip file. This will un-root your phone.

MEGAUPLOAD - The leading online storage and file delivery service

To remove the Super User application type the following via ADB while in recovery BEFORE you un-root. It will unroot if your don't do this but you will have the superuser app in your app drawer. :)

Code:
su
mount -o remount,rw -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
cd /system/app
rm Superuser.apk
mount -o ro,remount -t yaffs2 /dev/block/mtdblock4 /system
sync
reboot
Also, the following link which is intended to help people with "bricked" devices would also do this for you but it would FOR SURE remove all traces of you being rooted.

http://androidforums.com/all-things-root-droid/47349-now-you-can-live-without-fear-bricking.html

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones